Hope this helps someone

Hello

I suffer from serve anxiety and sensory issues which can cause over stimulation and sensory overload.

This is a playlist that I made to help self soothe (stim) after feeling overwhelmed and attacked by the noise.

I really hopes this helps others out there. I am.still learning.

Hold fast

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing. This is a huge daily struggle to me personally and any resource is appreciated.

That’s very kind of you. You’re awesome! :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I got you fidget tpys are great aswell

2 Likes

I keep 2 fidget spinners and a couple other fidget toys at my desk! I even brought a fidget spinner on my business trip and hand been bringing it to meetings, and it’s made the world slow down and make more sense :blush:

1 Like

I got you fidget tpys are great aswell

I keep 2 fidget spinners and a couple other fidget toys at my desk! I even brought a fidget spinner on my business trip and hand been bringing it to meetings, and it’s made the world slow down and make more sense

Since this topic has been brought up… haha. I’ve been thinking about getting some fidget toys because from the little I’ve seen I can “sense” that they could be really useful to me - in terms of stress, focus and OCDs (dermatillomania especially :woman_facepalming:). But there seems to be so many different types. Are there ones you find more effective or soothing than others? Just out of curiosity.

1 Like

This one is my absolute favorite! The unbalanced tactile feel is really satisfying, and I can spin it 3 different ways depending how I hold it!

1 Like

Thank you so much @SheetMetalHead! It’s cool to see that some exist without being made of plastic, and seems to be silent (so needed, haha). I was looking into it these days and kind of feel like magnetic stuff could be my thing too. Might give a try to both. :slight_smile: Reminded me that when I was little I had some kind of fidget/twisty pen and it was my favorite thing ever.

Edit: seriously considering to wear rings again. Just realized that rolling them when it’s a bit too large helps a lot too. :smiley: Sorry for my ramblings lol. This thread gives a lot of motivation to be a little more equipped with good and useful things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I roll my ring all the time! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I also have a metal fidget spinner at my work desk. It’s nice. When I need something to just flick on my desk surface, I can get a good solid minute spin out of it.

I’ll post pics of my fidget toys when I get home :blush:

2 Likes

As promised, these are the toys that get me through the work day :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you, I think this will help me a lot. I have panic attacks at school a lot and they’ve been growing more frequent and lasting longer, so I’m really glad someone here wants to help people like me and I’m very thankful. Gracias, Arigatou, Xiexie. :yellow_heart:

4 Likes