How am I...?

I don’t know what to say. I need to get these thoughts down, someplace where I know I can reach them. I know that as long as this site is needed and keep maintained, I have that need fulfilled here. It’s been a while since I’ve posted,at least half a year. I’m writing here not because of myself, but because of what someone else did. My mother, she’s in the hospital. Dope overdose,is what I’ve been told. My brothers… can’t go there anymore. I… I don’t know what to think.

It’s weird, My father and I had suspicions she had been doing drugs. She had severe acne,acted weird at times,her house would be completely trashed. Cat feces everywhere, sinks completely filthy. I had suspicions,but… they were only suppose to be suspicion. I didn’t think she was actually doing drugs,much less illegal like dope. She and my stepfather are in the ER right now. They will be facing jail time when they recover.My stepfather has been in and out of prison all the time, but my mom… I don’t know how she will be able to pull her life together after this. I’m scared for her.

My last talk with her… might have just happened. It wasn’t bad, just me getting a phone from her because mine broke, and her talking about graduation gifts for me, maybe even a grad party. Its almost ironic… one moment,me just sitting here, slaking off and not doing homework like I’m suppose to be. The next moment, I hear my Mom and Stepfather are in the hospital due to a drug overdose from dope. Anyone who read this, thank you.

Sincerely Me.

Edit: To all that have read this, I got more facts about what happened. My mother won’t be going to jail, and she might see my brothers again. she is still at the hospital,that I am aware of, but might be getting out with my stepfather tonight. I don’t know what is going to happen,and I am still worried for her. Thank you all

3 Likes

@Altogryph81

I’m glad the Support Wall is still a place where you can share your mind or even vent. It’s important to have this kind of safe space where you can just let everything out when you need it, without the fear of being judged.

I’m truly sorry to hear about what happened to your mom… This response is quite late, as you posted 2 days ago. But I hope you’re doing okay right now - as much as possible - and you hang in there. It’s a major event in your life and it can be hard to process. There’s a lot of questions, new perspectives, uncertainties related to this situation. Know that we - as a community - are here to support you through all of this. You’re not alone. I also hope, with all my heart, that this moment will be an opportunity for your mom to work on her addiction, even thoughI’m aware that denial and addictions can be very strong.

Do not hesitate to share about what’s going on for you if you want to do so. Let us know how we can support and encourage you. Again, you’re not alone.
Rooting for you. Thinking of you.
:hrtlegolove: