How can i make others happy if i can't even make myself happy

I hate how i had a boyfriend for 2 years that i was deeply in love with and the whole time i felt like i wasn’t good enough from my body to my personality to my level of popularity

He got mad at me for talking to guy friends and he was always talking to ex’s and going out with girl groups

But MOST OF ALL i hate how for the whole two years i felt like he didn’t love me and the truth is he didn’t he barely realized he loved me when i broke up with him which is what he said

the whole two years was a waste of my time he never had time for me and just didn’t like me but now he says he wants me to give him a second chance and is actually responding to my messages and trying and im not i have a new boyfriend

but he still talk to so many girls ’

but who dates some one for so long not caring about them. IT TOOK HIM TWO YEARS TO REALIZE that he cared and it hurts it hurts so bad

one day he texts me saying he wants to do self harm cuz he’s having a hard time dealing with the breakup and i helped him despite my bf saying it wasn’t a good idea but i helped him anyways not cuz i still cared about him but cuz i didn’t want him doing that

mind you that this is the first time he’s told me some thing personal in the whole 2 years

and ik he came to me cuz i do it too and i shared that with him a while ago

i wasn’t talking for a while on the microphone cuz i didn’t wanna talk i wasn’t in the mood but i joined his party anyways and talked alittle at times then i said i had to go and i was done playing (this was after i helped him)

But then the other day he texts me on xbox and he says “you put me through so much shit not only mentally but emotionaly and im so fucking done with you”

so long story short he put me through alot then i do one wrong thing and he cusses me out and tells me he’s done with me even though i was just trying to help him

i was just trying to help him then all the sudden he turns on me saying this i just don’t know what to do anymore im done helping people and i can’t i can’t take it anymore i just wanna die

1 Like

If I understand correctly you currently have a boyfriend whom you seem to be happy with and then you have this ex boyfriend who has kind of found his way back in?

None of those things your ex did were your fault. It sounds to me that your ex was abusive and manipulative. It’s easy to fall into a trap of feeling like things are your fault when that is what you are led to feel by someone as important to you as a significant other. You showed immense bravery and strength to leave that relationship! Many people in abusive relationships never find their way out of them.

It was big of you to put your past aside to try to help your ex. It seems as though him telling you that he was going to self harm and then turning around and telling you that you actually did such terrible things seems like he is still trying to maintain control over you and your mindset even after you’ve been gone. It would probably be a good idea to cut that toxicity out of your life - you don’t seem you have anything bad to say about your new boyfriend, you should take this experience as an opportunity to close that chapter of your life as you seem to have learned that you actually do love yourself and deserve better. It may not seem like that right now, but the fact that you realized what he was doing to you wasn’t fair and that you didn’t deserve it screams self awareness and self love when I read it.

You are on the right path, you definitely did the right thing for your own well-being. Trust yourself, and know that you deserve better than your ex. You deserve to be loved, especially by yourself. -hugs- You are stronger than you realize, hang in there, friend. And if you continue to have suicidal feelings, please reach out for professional help. You are worth it.

1 Like

Yes exactly

and i’ve actually never thought about that i just always kinda blamed my self for the relationship so thank you this helped more than you know and i am definitively cutting him out or trying to so thanks for your help it really made me feel better

i really do hope i am on the right path

1 Like

Not a problem, I’m glad I could help. It makes me happy to hear that you are feeling better. And you’ll be fine. It can only get better from here. :upside_down_face:

it was nice to get a new perspective and i sure hope i gets better thanks :green_heart:

1 Like