How Can I Step Forward When There's Not Much To Step For?

Everything is so difficult lately. I’ve had so many thoughts that, if acted upon, could seriously hurt me. I don’t want to act on them, but I feel like it’s the only way to get them out of my head. Hearing them constantly in my head is so draining and I can’t get them to stop no matter how hard I try. I’m doing my best to just get through the day, but dammit it’s hard. I don’t know the last time I had a peaceful night. My head has been so loud lately when I try to sleep. I feel like the only way I’ll get good sleep is if I indulge in these thoughts I’m having.

2 Likes

1, Hi Sarah!! I’m so glad to see you on Heartsupport! I know I shouldn’t be glad, though…
2. You should listen to the music from when you were a young kid. That is what makes me peaceful so I think it might work for you too.

1 Like

Hey @FaeTheProud,

I’m so sorry you’re having a rough time friend. It feels like a reoccuring fight, and such a draining one. No one should ever have to feel like it requires so much energy just to push through. I’m proud of you for your constant efforts and perseverance, Sarah. And I’m proud of you for sharing about those thoughts that want to put you down. You don’t deserve to stay alone with those.

How are you doing since you posted? I’d love to hear from you.
Also, do you think your doctor could help you for your sleep? When we’re depressed/overwhelmed, sleep can be such a crucial factor. It might be good to reach out to a doctor and see with them what they could do to help yoy. So at least, eventually you could get some relief and strength back.

You are loved. Still and always. Hang in there friend. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.