How do you deal with sudden waves of sadness?

Just as title says. Some days things just drain all my energy, and it’s impossible to feel good even when things ain’t that bad.

Hi friend,

I get these too. They’re unexplainable in a lot of ways, but in my life, I’ve learned to recognize these as spiritual attacks.
So I fight back.
I do something that makes me happy, or at the very least doesn’t stress me out. Writing, sketching, singing at the top of my lungs in my room (with the door closed of course), trying on clothes just cause, etc… I do something to remind myself that

things ain’t that bad.

Honestly, just do something you enjoy. Whatever that is, do something that you know will lift your spirits. You’re not going to want to, and you’re going to think that even if you do it nothing will change.
Prove those lies wrong.
Do it, and keep doing it until the attacks cease. After that, reward yourself for fighting through. Personally, I like to take a nap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I’m hitting the gym after I get back from school. The girl I like smiled and waved at me today, I did the same but I was too depressed to do anything else. Hope to get another chance tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Things ain’t even bad to start with.

That’s good. Endorphins are amazing in boosting mood.
If you do get a chance to talk to her, if I can offer advice from a female perspective, if she asks why you didn’t say hi or whatever, if you feel up to it, tell her to the best of your ability without overloading her. For instance: “I wasn’t feeling too well yesterday”. How she takes that is up to her, but it shows you weren’t blowing her off. You don’t have to, but I know, from a female perspective, that if someone tells me they weren’t feeling well or up to talking when I wave at them/say hi/whatever, selfishly it lets me know they weren’t blowing me off, and it gives an opening to know if they are okay now. You don’t have to if you don’t want to; it’s entirely your prerogative.

You’re welcome. You’re not alone in this. I’m happy to be of help in some way.

1 Like

I have been there and sometimes it’s hard to get out of it. I usually put on music that hypes me up or puts me in a feel good mood. If I don’t want music, I read a good book. Sometimes it helps me to put myself into a whole different world.

1 Like