How does one combat feelings such as these?

I’m not sure I’ve ever felt this alone. I’m surrounded by family. By friends. But still the only thing I can think is “why am I so unlovable? Why doesn’t he want me? Why am I not enough?”
There isn’t even one person specifically that I feel this way about, more like a feeling hanging over me. I’m in love with memories and ideas in my mind, but not my own life. I feel stuck. I feel confused. I feel broken. I can’t talk to anyone in my life about this, except for my therapist, who only gives me “why do you think you feel this way?” kind of answers.
I have a longing for someone who desires me the way I desire life. I want to be anywhere but here. I just don’t even know what’s truly going on in my head anymore. The loneliness and the feeling of being lost creep up on me all day every day. I just wish I could escape it all.

3 Likes

Hey @Travelingfun1022

Welcome to HeartSupport! I’m so glad you’ve joined us.

First let me start off by saying you are absolutely not alone. It’s not uncommon to have those types of feelings, or that stuck/confused/broken feeling.

The good thing about you posting on here, is that there are some of us that have dealt with those feelings, or even still do to this day, myself included. Feeling unlovable, even with people around you, is a heavy burden to carry. It’s completely understandable that you feel that way.

Have you ever thought about journaling or just writing stuff down, like feelings that you’re having that are specific? Sometimes seeing that in a physical sense can help you kinda unravel things. Think about it like a nest of cables that’s in your drawer. They may be all tangled up, and you can see that, but it may take some time and finding where one point starts and another ends. Looking for things that can help you untangle it easier. Once one piece is untangled, then the next one gets a little easier, and so on.

You mentioned being in love with memories and ideas. Those can be amazing, but also it might be helpful to find things that bring you joy in the present moment. Pursue hobbies, interests, or activities that make you feel good about yourself, outside of relationships.

And in terms of family and friends, even if you can’t talk about everything with your family or friends, maybe there’s one person you could confide in a little - someone who can just listen without judgement.

We’re here for you though, no matter what, and please keep us updated on your progress <3

I think at one point of our lives we have all felt lonely even when it appears we have all that we need. One way that I combat this feeling of loneliness is by seeking fulfillment, by finding things that give my life purpose. I truly hope that you discover that thing that will help you overcome this feeling of loneliness because you have some beautiful moments ahead of you.

1 Like

Hey @Travelingfun1022

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing. I related to your post a lot and have often felt the same way, so I wanted to share with you certain things I have done to help me.

Having a lot of people around you does not always mean that they are quality people who make you feel good and valued. The main change I have implemented in my life that has given me the most progress is to challenge myself in all aspects. What does that mean? Every week, I force myself to do something new or something that scares me. This could be something tiny, like saying hi to someone you have never talked to in class or trying a new hobby you have always wanted to try. This filled my life with excitement and spontaneity. Not only did I find new activities I love to do, but I got to know myself better.

I want to encourage you to learn more about YOU! When you take the time to take care of yourself, learn what makes you happy, and learn what makes you feel whole, you start attracting the right people towards you and start to expect more for yourself from others.

I hope you try this out and see how it goes! I also love @djstarion suggestion to journal your thoughts.

We are here to support in any way we can <3