How is there supposed to be a future now?

When I was younger, I thought I could see a good future–not just for me, but for all of us. Nothing would be perfect, but the years seemed to be rolling out ahead of us–and things would just carry on and we’d manage somehow. I no longer feel that and it scares me. But now I don’t know how we will all make it. Am I the only one that sees chaos, disease and destruction swallowing almost all of us? Both man made and natural. How am I supposed to carry on?

How do others convince themselves there is a good future?

2 Likes

Hi (:
I find that trying not to dwell on the news and media really helps at times and stops the mind wandering to unhealthy places… It’s hard to stay positive, especially with current world events… Occupying your mind when you feel down with things like hobbies are really good when things are rough (I garden for example). Giving yourself things to look forward to in the future also is nice, such as arranging for something new at the weekend like crafts.

I hope you have a good day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much and the same to you.

It can be so hard to talk about real fears like this, even with the ones we know best. It can be a burden to share and others find it unsettling.

But you’re right: there are many good things to look forward to and I need to find them. They are not in the news. :slight_smile:

Take care.

2 Likes

@densedictionary -

I try to stay informed on things as much as I can with as little exposure as possible. The news and media are so negative right now, and I felt that indulging in them made my life a lot more bleak. And dealing with mental health issues already, I didn’t need to add that on top. It’s scary to talk about the fears surrounding all of these social and world issues anymore, because it can be unsettling. I definitely agree with you there.

Do you know what I like to do to find some hope and goodness? I follow cute animal pages and stories of hope. Now I’m not saying you have to do the same thing as me, but that’s just how I try to keep myself in the good. I do it to remind myself that even in the darkness, there are always rays of sunlight.

<3 Tara

3 Likes

Thank you, Tara. It is so, so hard for me to find an acceptable medium between being informed and being swamped. I just cannot do it, or not for any long period of time. I lose it pretty quickly because I WANT to be informed and it spirals from there.

I think I really do need to try to keep myself in the good, as you say. But I always seem to get sucked back into the swirling not so good. And it feels like a defeat.

I just need to fight the good fight on this somehow, hug my cats, and find inspiration. I think I can do it, but I’m so tired of failing.

Thanks so much for your message. Cheers and good thoughts to you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.