How to know if they truly care or they're just playing along?

I find myself struggling to confide in others because how am I supposed to know that they really have the time and or care about my struggles? Some people respond, but what if they’re just being nice? And nobody would actually say: “Oh hey can you stop bringing me your problems because you’re bothering me”. I just wanna know who I should talk to and who I shouldn’t but it’s a near impossible task. Especially because the nicest people will keep saying things like: “it’s no problem at all! I’m happy to listen.” But what if that’s not true. What if they’re just saying that? :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face: how can I know when I’ve found someone truly willing to take all of my negative energy?

1 Like

Anxiety is hard. But something I have had to learn is that we need to trust what people say. If we feel people are mad or upset at us but they tell us they aren’t and everything is okay, then we need to take what they say and try not to obsess over false truths.

If someone says it’s okay and no problem, then let them be there for you! Don’t rob yourself of a safe place. Don’t let those fears take that from you. I understand why they are there, as I have battled them too. But we have to try not to let our anxious minds pollute our thoughts with negative thoughts or we wont ever be able to be ourselves and open up.

But that is also what this wall is for. We are here to listen. To try to help love and support you. To encourage you and lift you up. Allow us to do that. <3

Be gentle with yourself.

• Kitty

I think you know when they care because they notice when your struggles are really getting you down. They care when they ask. And if you ask them, can I talk you about something that I’m struggling with? And they say yes, trust them. Let them be there to listen.