How To Stay Motivated?

I pose this topic as a beginning to a conversation. I am wondering what others do to stay mentally tough through the hard times. How do you keep on pushing? When everything in the world is going wrong and it seems like no one is on your side and you know you’ve got to do it all alone, how do you stay strong?

That’s a hard question to answer that will probably have different answers for every individual, plus each persons answer can revolve around what’s going on in their lives and change at any moment.

So for me, I take care of my dad full time. He’s not in the best of shape, and we can’t afford to put him in a nursing home. Since we can’t afford it, I have to remind myself a lot that I’m the only one who can take care of him. I mean, he does have five kids, but three of them are asses and I wouldn’t trust them to take care of a rock, and the fourth one has an eighteen year old that has problems so it’s not really feasible for her to take care of my dad and her kid. My mom can do certain things for my dad, but she can’t lift him or do a bulk of the things by herself like I can. So I have to remind myself that I’m the only one who can do it at the moment, and when I need to, I cry myself to sleep at night. I paint when I can but it’s not really that often that I have the chance.

I’m sure that answer will change at some point, but that’s all I have at the moment. I hope that’s the kind of answer you were looking for cause it’s really the only thing that’s keeping me mentally “strong” right now.

2 Likes

I appreciate hearing from you @Daisy. I summarize that you’ve found something(s) to keep you focused towards the goal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.