How Ya'll Have helped me - Thank You!

Hey ,
So , Just want to say Thank you for being there for me at my lowest low , and my highs. I remember joined around 2017 . Its been a crazy 2 years , Meeting people who may be dealing with the same thing as i do . After reaching out to this community and seeing a therapist i feel like a better version of me even tho i do struggle still ( in some ways) i will have my ups and my downs but i will pull my self back up.

Dealing with disorders/ disabilities hasnt been easy for me but realizing that others in this community deals with them too , makes me feel like im not alone . That i can fight my own demons just how i am , human . 2017-2019 was one of those years that has been crazy , 2017 i relapsed after being 1.6 months clean after an argument that led to fighting and yelling with my dads girlfriend , 2018 - i attempted to hang my self in the bathroom (but luckily i stopped my self) , i also made it 1 year clean of self harm and in 2019 i graduated highschool, started college ., got cheated on , but most of all i made it 2 YEARS Clean in december. Now its 2020 and im going to continue to fight .

To those who’ve helped me thank you for being there through my ups and downs . For encouraging me to be a better human to let me know i’m not alone. What i’ve learned from reaching out on here is that its okay to not be okay as long as we keep fighting . The reason why i chose to not give up my life is because my life is worth living , that i have breath in my lungs , and i have a reason to live.
Even with the self harm battles and the anxiety , i choose to fight i choose to stay clean i try to be the healthiest to be clean . Also , I am glad i am still alive , here , fighting , and give the support the best i can .

If i had any advice to give those for who may or may not be struggling is , Fight . Keep fighting . Don’t let the small things bother you , Dont let your own thoughts control how you act how you see things as you are . When you think these negative thoughts you just go down this negative slope . One of my favorite things i would refference in any situation is you as a human being at the bottom of the mountain which is the beggining of a battle , the middle as the middle part of the battle and the the other side being a success , a point where you chose to fight because you or someone said to you that your life is worth fighting . Your life is worth having something , its worth having a future its worth having people caring about you because your here, your alive , your breathing , you have breath in your lungs.

Something i would say to help is , Make it one more night , make it many more nights its worth the fight because one day or night doesnt define your whole year , your whole month , your whole time being alive. Healing takes time . Trust takes time . Your life is so precious and its worth living . It takes a second for things to go wrong cause you never know when their last meal is or when there last day on earth is . One last thing i would say is NO matter what you look like, your color of the skin , how you dress , how you look, how you speak , that doesnt define you what defines you is YOU ! You beng human , You have breath in your lungs , and You saying that your life is WORTH fighting .All i ask is please continue to reach out , please continue to support others who are struggling . Thanks for reading this and thanks for continuing to fight every battle with me

Hold fast you’re worth it !

10 Likes

Love you , Ashley. Always here for you! I’ve enjoyed having you as a friend, seeing you in heart support and having you as part of my own community.

You are a beautiful human being.

2 Likes

@all_around_ashley

Thank you so much for sharing. Your story, your growth. You are truly beautiful.

Make it one more night , make it many more nights its worth the fight because one day or night doesnt define your whole year , your whole month , your whole time being alive. Healing takes time . Trust takes time .

I will definitely keep those words in my mind and heart.
:heart:

1 Like

no problem @Micro :wink:

2 Likes

You too friend @anon17277947

3 Likes

@all_around_ashley

You’re welcome. :relieved:

1 Like