HS Houston Fan A3

This post is from an anonymous person in Houston who would like support

What is the #1 pressing anxiety on your mind today?:

Running a business and paying my team.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing what’s going on in your life. I can relate to this one as well. I remember trying to run a business by myself and when I would need help i would always be going back and forth with how to either pay people or give them services rendered for the cost of either materials or other services. It was always such a tough time. I equate it to running a car on dirt. I found it so rough. But I did find that there is so much that i was able to do with the help of people that i never realized existed. It wasn’t in the way i thought it was either. It was a difficult thing to do, but i found that when I took some time to address my own stressors that I was able to more easily upright the ship and get it sailing on course. I wasn’t as stressed, i wasn’t as worried, I wasn’t as anxious. My anxiety over my businesses were like a kidnapper putting a bag over my head. It wasn’t until I took that moment to realize that it wasn’t my fault but the economy’s fault that things were turning away from the business that I was in. There are always people who love you, support you, and who are there for you. You are loved, you matter, and you are cared for greatly!

3 Likes

Hey friend., thank you so much for sharing with us what’s on your mind today. I’m not running a business myself, so I can only imagine how hard it must be for you to carry the pressure of such responsibilities, especially since you also have a team and want to respect your commitment towards them. With these crazy years we just had, Covid, lockdowns… I’ve heard so many heartbreaking stories about little and less little business who were highly impacted, and the stress that so many employers have regarding their capacity to pay their team. It is so heartbreaking to face such ethical dilemas, and I don’t have any specific advice to share here, but I wanted to reach out and let you know that how you feel makes sense, is valid, understandable, and you are definitely not alone while struggling with this pressure. I hope you can find some time and space to discuss with your team, at least to show them that you care, despite the hardships you are facing, and maybe find some solutions all together. If you are isolated in this situation, please do not hesitate to reach out in services that might help and guide you. Try not to stay alone with this, as sometimes the stress can eat us alive and make us feel like there isn’t any valid solution out there. It’s okay to push doors, even ones that you wouldn’t have expected to open in different circumstances. Overall, know that there is absolutely no shame for being in this situation. I wish you the best, and for this situation to be resolved for all of you, just to get some relief in times to come. Keep us updated if you are comfortable with that. We care about you and your well-being as well through all of this. Hold fast. <3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.