I am about to lose everything

I have been a stay at home dad for ~12 years and now my wife told me she is a lesbian and is going to kick me out in a few months.

Everything is in her name and purchased before we were married so in my state I don’t have a right to anything.

I started going to college online a few months ago and work some gig jobs to pay for it but it’s not enough to survive and once she kicks me out I won’t be able to do any of those things. If she would just give me a couple of years I could be self-sufficient but if she kicks me out in a few months I’m just totally screwed. I will lose my home, my stuff, my kids, my dogs, my possibility of a career, all of the life I have built up the past 12 years. Half the kids are actually my stepkids so even though I have raised them and love them as my own I will have 0 legal rights to visit them. And I didn’t even do anything wrong, I just made the mistake of trusting her.

@HoboJoe

I am so sorry to hear about all of this. It breaks my heart reading this. I don’t even know how to put it into words how sorry I am. Thank you for opening up and sharing here with us. We truly appreciate it and please know you are not alone in this struggle. Did you just find out about this? Was there any indication news like this was coming?

Have you two been able to have a conversation about it? I wonder if she was willing to, if you both could go speak with a counselor about this. Obviously this news is so unfortunate and heartbreaking. Would that be a possibility do you think?

I wish I had some advice to share but I have never been through something like this. I am going to be praying for you during this tough time my friend. Honestly, the fact that you are a stay at home dad and gave your time to care for your kids is absolutely noble and incredible! It sounds like you are truly a wonderful father and you have a caring spirit.

I know I don’t know you personally but please know how much all of us care for you here. Keep us posted. If you need to continue to talk, let me know. And just know you are amazing just as you are my friend. Even though she is doing this terrible thing to you and your family, know that you have incredible value and worth. God loves you no matter what and we love you here. Hold Fast!

Stay strong my friend and hold onto hope!

• Geoffrey