I am new here

If anyone sees this, I’m new here. My name is Trevor. Not sure if im looking for help or not. Maybe I will find what I am looking for somewhere here. Im a husband and father. Work full time. I don’t even know what I am feeling most days because I don’t have time to feel anything. Im not sure if I can even express much real emotion if I did know what I felt. I feel alone no matter how much support I have at home. The only emotions I have felt lately were negative. Im usually in a good mood at work but that’s probably just my fake work attitude. At this point Ive just given up on everything. I guess thats it for now… Anyone else been in a similar situation?

Thanks for being part of the community and for sharing. I can definitely relate to this. Between work, marriage and being a parent I feel like at times I’m trying to juggle so much that I’m just going through the motions. Then when I stop to think how I’m doing it’s usually more negative then positive. I think one thing that can be helpful is for you and your partner to try to carve out a little time for yourselves and each other to enjoy any hobbies and time together. The hard part is usually safeguarding that time with how hectic life can get.

Thanks for the reply Efa. Nice to know there are others in a similar spot. I guess the other part of it is completely opposite work schedules. Im on a graveyard shift and my wife works mornings. That ends up making it hard to spend time. And at times when she’s the only person I have to talk to it gets tough. Hoping to find a new job eventually bc of that… Thank you for the advice

1 Like