Back to heartsupport


I’m so mad right now I can’t even think straight.

For weeks my home lender has been telling me and my realtor that we are good to close and I have literally been checking every day for updates and then 4 FVCKING DAYS before we are supposed to close he says we need all kinds of sh!t because he didn’t do his God damned job. So now, I’m out all the money for deposits on utilities and I already gave our landlord a 30 day vacate notice.

So help me.


I don’t know what to say.

I know that you are amazing and awesome.
I guess I will just send you a virtual hug but I can’t think of anything to tell you to help you because I’m just a kid and I don’t completely understand your situation.

I drew this virtual hug for you and I hope it is comforting.


Oh that freaking sucks. Oh I’m mad for you just reading that. That’s awful. He has one job, one job that he does day in and day out, and he can’t tell you what he needs? What a joke.


My husband, myself and my realtor ganged up on the loan officer and strong armed him all morning and they finally gave in and will allow us to close. Or so they say. We’ll see.


Well. The plot thickens.

We managed to get our paperwork situated and went out of the way to dig up housing certificates.

Then, 2 days before we were supposed to close, they found issues with the sellers title that will take months to sort out. Awesome.


…what? That’s insane. Title issues? I’ve never heard of something like that, and it damn sure should have been figured out before they even listed.

1 Like

You have no idea.

As it turns out, the property was purchased as a foreclosure and the previous owner didn’t pay taxes on the property and basically disappeared without a trace. Now, we have to go through a process to obtain a silent title so if that person ever resurfaces with a title and tries to take us or the lender to court for the property, we will be protected and since Covid, courts are backlogged and will take 4 to 5 months.

And the seller knew about the tax issue because he let it slip in a conversation he had with my husband but he conveniently omitted the part where they hadn’t fixed the issue yet.


That’s awful.

The way I see it, you control the fate of the house and the seller. You can wait out the process knowing that the house won’t go to anyone else, and I bet you would have a pretty easy time of negotiating storage and temporary living costs. Perhaps you could even “rent” the house while all this is being sorted out so that you don’t have to move twice. The seller doesn’t have much ground to object, especially since they knew that this was an issue and admitted it to your husband. You can also walk away, leaving the seller with their cover blown on their unsellable house. They may even get in trouble since they lied on the pre-sale affidavit.

None of that undoes the damage of their deceit though. None of it makes this more convenient or less stressful for you. It’s not fair, it’s not right, and it’s not reasonable. It’s crazy!

Pray. Have faith that this will work out exactly how it’s supposed to, even if it’s not the way you expected. Be mindful of the things you do have, like your husband, your realtor, and being objectively in the right on this. Whatever you can control, strong-arm it. Whatever you can’t control, pray hard for peace and resolution, and release yourself of responsibility for it. Be deliberate in considering whether or not you can control it so that you’re not fighting against a wall or letting action items wash away. I’ll be praying for you, and I’m still flabbergasted on your behalf.



We demanded a guarantee from the seller that, whether the title is sorted or we sign a rental agreement, we move in this week. No ifs, ands or buts.

Currently the lister is drafting a rental agreement for the length of time that it takes for the title to clear.

I feel that the worst is now behind us but we have now been deceived by our lender and our seller… we were going to back out of the deal on Monday but since we have fought this hard for this long, we decided we want to finish this.

I am very thankful for my realtor, she’s a trooper for putting up with all this and keeping us sane throughout. And of course I am thankful to have my husband who continues to offer his help even though there is really not much he can do right now. Im just trying to be patient and wait for the rental agreement to be drafted so we can sign and start moving.


nevermind, nevermind

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.