I am torn up about losing my therapist

Just got word on Thursday the only therapist that I have truly connected with in over 5 years is leaving the company in a month and I’m not too sure what to do about that. My insurance is super picky and a pain to work with so few companies take it. She really knew how to call me out on my bullshit without being mean about it. We connected anywhere from music to humor to our personalities. It sucks to see her go, she really knew how to help me without beating around the bush.
I really don’t know what to do because I am trying to be open minded about finding a new therapist but we worked so well together. Advice would be great, thanks friends.

I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your therapist… I couldn’t imagine losing mine.
Is there anyway that you could follow her to whatever practice she goes to?
If not, I would ask her for some suggestions of other therapists that might work well for you.

I hope it all works out well for you.

I’m not sure how American healthcare works, but surely if it’s the same company the insurance should cover it? I’m sorry that you’re losing the therapist you’ve connected with over the last few years, but you will find another. There’s lots of good ones out there, it’s just finding the correct one. I hope you find them. You know you’re always welcome to talk here though and we will help in any way we can.
Love you (UNSUBBED LOSER :wink: << i hope this made you laugh :D)

Hold Fast
Kayla