I am worthless and ugly

My job keeps passing me up for promotion and I’m too ugly to get a gf. No one wants me and I’m fat and I eat too much and I’m terrible at math and I’m nothing and I’m worth nothing and no one loves me and I want to die but I’m scared of the pain

You are not worthless. All skills can be worked upon, and you may view yourself as ugly but the rest of the world doesn’t. Stay strong :heart:

Hi Friend,
you ARE loved. You are amazing and worthy. You are beautiful because you were created by a beautiful Creator. Don’t listen to the lies that tell you you’re not enough. Friend, you are more than enough. that is the absolute truth.
i too struggled with this, but what helped me is a lot of prayer and trying to write out things i liked about myself as well as declaring and speaking my worth aloud when i felt absolutely worthless. It was hard and i failed many times, but with prayer and perserverance it worked. I still fight this battle sometimes but it’s not as bad as it was a couple months ago.
you are so loved.
Check out Emily Wilson’s videos on YouTube if you ever get the chance :slight_smile:

Hey @Abby2 - I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a really rough time right now. What do you do for a job? Are you happy there despite your promotions being passed up? Life is short and if you’re not happy at your job then maybe it would be worth while to look for a place that’ll treat you fairly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we are our own worst critic, so please be kind to yourself. You’re loved!

@Abby2, I don’t believe ugly people exist. Beauty is found everywhere, whether it’s your personality, spirit, or looks. If some people or girls don’t want to be with you, that is their problem. There’s nothing wrong with you, my friend. They don’t get you and that’s their fault. So what you’re not skinny? If I’m not blonde, does that mean I won’t get a boyfriend? No, it doesn’t. People are different, everyone is.
“When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sandpaper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end you end up polished and they end up useless.” - Andy Biersack
Also, listen to this song my friend :slight_smile: Homecoming King by Andy Black

Abby2,

I’m sorry to hear what you are going through! This has to be tough on you.

The things you are going through are tough and have dealt with the same situations of feeling inadequate, unloved, and not smart. I still wrestle with these today. What helps me focus on what I now is true is identity. You see, culture, people, trends, and situations all are more than willing to tell us what our identity is and in turn it creates a false sense of reality in us trying to live up to an expectation we can never live up to (example: social media). What I do know is, you have unique gifts and talents that sometimes can be suppressed by focusing on these lies of what culture tells us our identity is.

You have so much to give and have so much hope for your future. Just think, maybe this isn’t the right job/role for you but a transition to a new one could be the one that is the perfect job/role for you. Second, you may feel like no ones finds you attractive, but maybe it could just be not the right girls and that the one girl is our there that will be worth the wait and sees you in a way in which accepts you for who you are. Lastly, Math, I’m simply horrible at it myself, but I got through through help from others and tutoring which didn’t define who I was because I’m really good at English. All this to say, remember identity. Don’t let these situations define your identity or tell you what your worth is. The truth is, you have so much to give and have a hope in your future! You got this! We are here for you!

-L

I work at an ice cream place. I am happy there but it makes me sad. Very hard to describe. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to comfort me <3

Thank you so very very much. This touched me <3