I attempted a week ago

Around a week ago I attempted suicide I went to a mental health hospital for a few days but with my adhd I couldn’t focus very well on all the packets they gave me and unfortunately I’m starting to get sad again and I’m kinda scared I don’t want it to get to bad again I have support people I can talk to but I’ve told them about why I’m sad and I feel I didn’t get a good response on how to help it

6 Likes

First of all, welcome to heartsupport! Second off, im so sorry that you’re going through this :[, things will turn up better, and tbh, ADHD masks the person everyone really is. A disability doesn’t make you, you make you. The thing I’m trying to get at here is for you to not be sad, is for you to pave a road that isn’t sad, whilst also being yourself doing it. Wether it be you doing something you enjoy, things such as walking on the beach, petting a stuffed animal, etc. but hey, I’m here for you! If you ever need something, try and contact me! I’d be delight to help you at any time!

Much love,

Shadow<3

2 Likes

Hi Findingme
I am sorry that you felt so low that you wanted to end your life. I agree with @Shpdqw here that you are not your ADHD you just have ADHD. It’s a part of you but it is not you. I am glad you have people to talk to even though you don’t find it that helpful. Would you be willing to share some of the things that pains you with us? Maybe we could give you the guidance or advice you are looking for. There is also the resources channel on HS discord where you can find resources that helped other people. I hope you will find the help you need. Hang in there :heart:

1 Like

Hi Friend, I’m sorry that you are starting to feel sad again. You’re in a good position with having a support system and I would encourage you to talk to them about how you’re feeling. Keeping it inside can make it worse. I would also encourage you to seek therapy. Sometimes just learning coping skills and talking to someone really helps. Sometimes, you need meds too if you are diagnosed. I hope this helps and remember you matter! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

I can’t imagine how overwhelming it’s been for you to go through all this and have people throw forms and packets at you and then feeling like you haven’t been supported. Have you been able to maybe at some stage make a list of the questions you have and the support you need and either ask your support group or find a gp to make the referrals to someone who does have a bit more information for you? I know it’s awfully hard to even concentrate on knowing what to say or think in these situations, but maybe little by little it will be a bit easier to think about. Even if you need to ask people here who have been in similar situations ideas about what support to ask for, not because you have to and it will work for you because it did for them, but having some ideas so you don’t have to over stress yourself trying to find it all yourself could be helpful.

I’m so grateful that you’re here and sharing your story with us. I’m so grateful that you haven’t given up your fight. We will fight by your side

2 Likes

I am so happy you are still here.

I don’t have much experience with ADHD but I do know the sadness is hard to get away from. Are you on any medications? I don’t want to give advice on meds or taking meds but it may be something to explore within your professional support circle to help address the symptoms of the ADHD and/or sadness.

Keep reaching out to your support group, and keep that communication open. Seeking out professional advice from your doctor definitely sounds like something that can help, too.

You are among friends here! We’re here for you.

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you for your post, I am so incredibly sorry that you felt so desperate that you wanted to end your life a week ago but I am so grateful that you are still here. Please know that you can turn to Heartsupport when you feel bad, you can talk to us or get crisis support from us at anytime. You are not alone. It must seem very overwhelming coming out of hospital and having all these packets and not knowing what to do. It should all have been explained properly to you. Contact your support group, if you are not happy ask for a new set of people that can help you and if not please either go to your doctor or ask a memeber of your family to. You deserve more help. You deserve to be happier and more content within yourself and in your life. I hope you get both. Please post whenever you want to. You are loved friend. Lisalovesfeathers. x

1 Like

Hi Findingme,

Thanks for reaching out here. I’m truly sorry that you’ve been in such a dark place my friend, but glad that you’re still with us here now.

I also have adhd, and in your situation, would also have found it impossible to work through paperwork. Can a member of your support group help you with filling them out? You don’t need to be worrying about forms right now, you’ve got enough going on. Feeling like you’ve got all this stuff you’re meant to be doing is just overwhelming and making things seems out of control. That’s how I would feel. But, it is manageable with some help.

Let us know how you are friend. Hold fast. x

2 Likes

Hey Findingme,

I am so sorry to hear that you are currently having these struggles. Please know that you are loved, and you matter. Even as your emotions and intrusive feelings do everything they can to try to convince you otherwise.

Though I am glad to see that you have a support group, it does sound like you may not be getting the level of support that you need out of it. If I may ask, do you have a counselor, therapist, or social worker that you are also working with? Or a doctor? If you are staring to have those feelings of sadness again, I implore you to reach out to additional resources. Friends, family, crisis hotlines, trusted professionals, etc. Having those set up before you need them could make all the difference.

You are loved, friend. Please, come back and let us know how you are doing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.