I Came Out As Nonbinary

I recently came out as Nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them. I’m learning to love myself and even bought a binder for my chest. Coming out wasn’t easy… But I’m glad it happened. I have a lot of people who are proud of me yet… I feel so useless… I’m taking some time to see my own self worth.

3 Likes

Demonstrating the courage to be yourself is admirable. That in itself is evidence that you’re not useless. As a unique individual, you’re in a position to see the world in a unique way. You’re more likely to think “outside the box.” You have a heightened empathy, which others will value. You are a blessing and gift to the world. That’s the truth of who you are. Don’t let your family mislead you into believing something else.

2 Likes

You can count on this community to support you and to be so flipping proud of you. There is so much ignorance in our world when it comes to gender and sexual identities. I have no doubt that coming out was not easy and might be a difficult road at times. But oh friend what a beautiful, powerful and right step. You deserve to have the possibility to be yourself unapologetically. And learning to see your own worth, to embrace it fully, also comes with steps like these.

I’m so thankful that you’ve come to the point of knowing yourself better, putting words on it and being open about it. But also that you are so willing to defeat the feeling of being useless. It’s going to take time and be a learning process. So most of all, please be as patient with yourself as much as possible.

You are loved and you are beautiful right as you are.

:hrtlegolove:

2 Likes