I-can-relate-to-this-so-much-aaronrgillespie-i-str - 1171

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38249
i can relate to this so much @aaronrgillespie, I struggle with anxiety daily too i’m glad you’re speaking out about this :heart:

1 Like

Struggling with anxiety every day becomes commonplace, but when we pause to think about it or to look at it - it’s like a tide we wish we could pause. It’s like waves of stress we know that will hit us every day, and while it’s normal because we’re always wet - it’s moments like this when we pick up our head and see others on the beach who are dry that feels like…man - why can’t I be like them? Why can’t my life not be NORMALIZED in this anxiety? It’s the regularity of it that is erosive. It just grinds against us, slowly, consistently, every day - and then like Aaron mentioned there are these moments of explosive intensity where the panther pounces…it’s so hard to carry. When things become regular or expected, it’s hard to have hope that life could be different - and it feels so hard to “Grasp” to really understand the mechanics of it…just feels so random, or so ubiquitous that it’s hard to imagine things getting better. It’s a tough battle to fight.

1 Like

Hi Friend, I too struggle with bouts of anxiety, and it is indeed a struggle, I am sorry that it is a daily thing for you, have you ever managed to find a way to help manage that? there are techniques and medications that can help but you would need to speak to your doctor regarding medications. I hope that things start to look up for you and you can find a way to lessen the effects of living with this “monster” Much love to you. Lisa. x

1 Like

It’s pretty awesome to see others talking about the struggles they have and how they have over come them. It’s inspiring and helps us to see we are not alone. Anxiety is such a horrible thing to have and go thru, I’m sorry you deal with it too. I hope that hearing Aaron talk about his struggles it can inspire others do to the same. Thank you for sharing! You matter!

2 Likes

It seems like the daily struggle with anxiety is becoming a real thing for more of us everyday. And when we struggle with anxiety, we anticipate being anxious which just makes us more anxious waiting for the anxiety to kick in. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy kind of thing. So we work to find ways to kick it back down a notch. Finding those things that can bring the intensity level back down is key. I find that I may have to just stop, breathe, stretch, breathe some more. Or I will ground myself by putting my toes in the grass, hands in some running water, or other things that reach my senses and break the cycle. Thank you for sharing my friend.

1 Like