I-can-relate-to-this-sooo-much-heartsupport-i-alwa

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/36581
I can relate to this sooo much. @Heartsupport I always feel the guilt creeping in when I’m resting, comparing my desicions and journey to other people, mostly people I look up to and am inspired by. Theres this voice that’s telling me that I should take every opportunity, every second to somehow work towards my goals or dreams, toward an impactful life, that I desire so much.

4 Likes

Yeah it can be so unrelenting. Part of it, like JT said, is motivation, which can be super helpful…that there’s this voice inside of you pressing you forward. But it can get hijacked and cause so much guilt. There’s this sense that what you do is LITERALLY never enough. And when you’re in that place, the stress can be like a downward spiral. You feel worse, want to do less, feel worse, want to avoid facing the feelings, etc. It feels like a trap. When you achieve, there isn’t this kind of “celebration moment”, it is just onto the next, the next comparison, the next achievement, the next hustle. The pressure keeps you from evaluating it, but if you were to stop and think about it - it’s depressing…to feel like at no point are you worthy of celebrating. Rest is almost like a kind of celebration - it’s the contentedness that says - what I did was enough, and I am satisfied. And without it, it’s the constant grind of inadequacy and effort.

1 Like

Oh that need to keep on doing, keep on reaching, keep on producing, keep on working. And when we look at what others are doing, achieving, posting about, we think we aren’t enough. We can work ourselves into a really bad space mentally and physically. The fears of never measuring up, never quite getting there can blind us to what living really is about. Is living really just about the next achievement, the next thing? Or is it also about the connections made, the relationships, the love given and received. Stopping to rest, stopping to breathe, stopping to reflect, stopping to enjoy is so necessary to our mental and physical health. It revives us and it gives us the bandwidth to live, love and be with those most important to us.

2 Likes

finding inspiration and motivation can be great for moving towards goals, comparison though often feels like it robs you of the joy of the journey. You lose sight of the progress you’ve made because you’re so busy looking at the progress of others. If I look around at other people I can feel so overwhelmed and feel like I’m a thousand miles behind, but when I reflect on my own journey and see the place I’m in, I know I can be happy with how far I’ve come. I hope you’re able to be proud of yourself for the progress you’ve also made and you’re able to reflect on your own personal journey to celebrate it.

1 Like

Hey there, friend :hrtlegolove: I bet a lot of those people you admire and aspire to be like rest as well too. Successful people often know the value of resting and recharging and sometimes even schedule it into their day to make sure they never forget to do it.

If you are always focused on the horizon you miss the beauty around you :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I can relate to this a lot. I even get heart palpitations at night now. I think that maybe it’s in best interest to possibly set your goals down on paper? And figure out your schedule to devote time towards achieving those goals? I’m learning these myself starting next week. I hope I helped.

1 Like

hey friend, i understand you completely! it’s so hard to be okay with putting a pause on chasing your dreams directly. however, i’ve learned that the downtime to relax your mind and body is one of the most productive things you can do for yourself. once you find a goal or opportunity that truly speaks to you, the time you invest in yourself will pay off as you feel rested to tackle it with full energy. take those goals as slowly as you need to avoid burnout btw - i learned it the hard way haha! wishing you all the best in your goals, dreams, and most importantly, your self-care. you deserve moments of peace, moments of appreciation for all you do without comparing yourself to others. you are enough. you are worthy. you are valued. and you are so so so loved.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for sharing with us! I can definitely relate to what you’ve described. I would like to share some musings that help me. From music to paintings to matter itself, contrast is necessary. A song with all notes and no rests may sound like cacophonous noise! A desire to “do” can definitely help us, but we must balance that with the ability to simply “be.”

2 Likes