"I Can't Afford To Go Back." -- AJ Channer of Fire From The Gods

Best interview and kind spoken words i have heared for ages…AJ…you´re the man!!!

This man’s voice is something else…WOW :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Seriously one of the best bands out, the musicianship and deep meaning of the lyrics, I can’t wait until Aftershock, seeing them with Tool🤘

1 Like

I got the oppertunity to befriend aj recently amd he is one of the MOST genuine people on planet earth. We stayed up having the most intellectual conversations in my life. He taught me so much. I can truly say i found an amazing friend out of him.

1 Like

Lifeline is the song i trully feel!

1 Like

The first song I heard from you guys was ‘End Transmission’ and its just stuck me in the gut. I never really felt like I could fit in anywhere. Even to this day I search for a place I can call home. But even though our stories are pretty much way different, I feel some sort of connection. My dad was a drug addict even before I was born, abusive, alcoholic, womanizer…pretty much everything you dont want to be. That was my father. I moved over states to get away from that toxicity, but I got followed by poverty and depression. I ended up homeless with my family. We struggled, we fought, we almost fell apart other times. But we stayed strong as much as we could. One night at 3am, i sat in the bathroom looking at the wall…just thinking about ending it all. But I came to the revelation that I didn’t want to die. I just wanted to live, but I only knew how to barely survive. Our lives aren’t meant to be wasted on barely surviving. You seem like the type of guy I could make a brother from. I wish i could meet you guys.

1 Like

Love you AJ, were here for you, stay here for us

1 Like

Absolutely awesome singer and person

1 Like

I know there’s all of this controversy about how this band surprisingly, for no apparent reason, kicked out their old singer (Eric July, who is currently the vocalist of his wonderful band BackWordz), and then they immediately replaced him with someone (AJ Channer) who fit his exact style…even down to Eric’s beard and vocal style…and then acted as though nothing happened. But all of that aside, this is an important video for many to see…such as the others on HeartSupport…and you can tell that this guy is a pretty genuine dude. Rock on.

1 Like

When I was in rehab years ago I was in a music therapy class and the guy running the class asked all of us to each pick a song that speaks to us at that current moment and I picked lifeline by fire from the gods. Im forever grateful for their music.

1 Like