I can't do it

I just don’t know what to do or where to go anymore. I’m so lonely and lost. I’m trying to hold on but it’s getting tough. Every day it gets harder and harder to breathe. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel sad. Like really really sad.

1 Like

It is okay to feel like this. Many people feel the same way. Slowly u will get an idea, just don’t give up. One day u will be okay trust me. Just hang in there

1 Like

I can’t. I have no where to turn, I feel so alone. I don’t know what to do. I just want to stop crying, I want to not feel pain anymore. I don’t know what to do. I really don’t want to leave everyone I care about but I also just want to stop hurting. I don’t know how to stop hurting.

My heart goes out to you, Gigi. I’ve struggled with depression for over 20 years… What you’re describing sounds so heart-wrenchingly familiar. It hurts soooo bad… To me, it feels like I’m being stepped on… Like I’m a bug and I’m slowly being squashed. My heart races, it’s hard to breathe, and I feel like I can’t get away. I’m not even sure why or what causes it most of the time…

It’s always hard for me to remember in the moment, but I’ve never found a way to just stop it. The only way past it is through it. I know it hurts. I believe you. Let yourself cry, darlin’. You may physically be by yourself, but you are NOT alone. Look around at other posts just on this site, and you’ll see there are many, many people who have suffered like you are suffering. Maybe not for the same reasons, but we do relate to the pain. We are rooting for you, and we are hear to listen.

There will be good times again. There will be happiness and laughter again. This pain will not last forever, even though I know, I KNOW, it feels like it will right now… It’s so hard to remember the good times when you hurt so bad, and it’s even harder to believe it will get better again… But it will. It will get better. I can’t tell you when, but if you want to share your feelings, feel the pain, and get through the hard time, I can listen.

2 Likes

I just don’t know where to go. I don’t know how to get through it I guess.

I’m in a class right now, Gigi… I will come back to this conversation. :heart:

Hi again, Gigi! It sounds like your suffering is somewhat… formless… right now. Would that be accurate? Do you know how you got here? What is causing the pain? What’s happening in your life that has you feeling so alone?

If you’re not sure how you got here that’s totally okay. I’ve been there. Just really, really sad… Not really able to describe it or even explain why. Heck, I’ve been there a lot. One of my coping mechanisms for this kind of depression is to journal. I sit down with a notebook and just write anything that comes to mind. No judgment, no editing, and no stopping. I’ll sit down for 15-20 minutes and make myself keep the pen moving.

A lot of the time I start with something like:

“I don’t know what to write and this feels stupid but it’s helped in the past and I know if I just keep this pen moving I’ll get something down that is trapped in my brain… Because I feel sad. Like I want to cry all the time… I’m tired of crying…”

I’m always a bit surprised by the thoughts lurking in my head that I wasn’t even aware of until they were captured on paper. I also generally end up writing much longer than the 15-20 minutes I told myself I’d write. Journaling is a good outlet.

It may not seem like much, but it’s something you can do. Some small way to take a little control and to become a little more aware of yourself and your pain. I hope this helps a little. If you have any questions, let me know. I love you. :heart:

1 Like

Journaling has been recommended to me in the past. I never felt like I was doing it correctly. Right now, I am just struggling from idk, being lonely is a good way to put it. When I think about love or being loved, I start to panic. My brain starts to create reasons why I will never be worth enough for someone to love or care about me. It feels suffocating. Then when I turn to reach out to someone, I realize I have no one. The realization is the nail in the coffin for me. The fact that I will never be worth anything hurts, seeing everyone being so happy and beautiful hurts as well. It has gotten to the point where I have recently thought if living through the constant lonely times is really worth it. Theres no getting through this. This is my life and I don’t think there’s anything I could do to fix it.

I can’t make myself more interesting, I can’t make myself more pretty or attractive, I can’t put myself out there, I don’t have any hobbies, I am not nice or kind. I am nothing. I have looked every place imaginable for some sign that there’s going to be an end to the pain I feel. I will constantly be alone and it’s because no one wants something worthless. That’s what I am. I’m worthless, or at least it seems that way nowadays.

Thanks for trying to help,
Gigi

I can see quite plainly that you’re in pain. Real pain. Horrible anguish.

You are not alone. I know I’m just a random stranger on the internet, but I am here. I am someone. You are reaching out, and I am here. I am here because I believe you are a beautiful and valuable person. I’m here because I love you.

I have faced pain so intense and felt so alone that I almost died rather than face it. Literally… I was moments from death… by my own hand. I’d like to share my story with you. It’s a long story, but before you start (if you decide to watch), let me tell you. this was almost 20 years ago. I survived, and I’m glad I did. I still struggle with depression, but I have grown and changed and blossomed over the years. If I had died, I would have missed so much joy and happiness.

I know the pain feels endless now… But I really believe it will get better. It did for me.

Here’s my story: Twitch

1 Like