I can't get over my exgirlfriend

It’s been almost 7 months and I can’t get her out of my head, I’m constantly thinking about her wishing she will be back someday but the truth is that is not happenning… At the beggining I was fine but now as the months go by I found myself just getting mentally worse. What can I do, I know that we are just not meant to be together and for sure it’s better for the both of to not be in contact but I can’t get over her… It’s hurts so much, I’m constantly hurting myself stalking her on social media to see if she is doing fine without me and so it seems, I even think she is with someone else right now, and the idea of losing her forever destroys my soul, I walk on the streets wishing I would run into her, I’m constantly having these conversations with her in my head, I’m fantasizing all day she is comming back and says how sorry she is, everytime I get a message I’m hoping it’s her but this is just as crazy as it sounds… I know it’s over, probably she does not even think about me anymore and thinking about it destroys my heart, I don’t know what else to do to finally move on and create another reality without her in my head

Breakups are the hardest thing you will endure in your life! I am going through the same thing! Every day is a struggle! My life doesn’t seem to matter much without him, and he was extremely toxic, but I’m still drawn to him. It’s getting better though, and one day I will wake up and have him completely out of my system. As you will have moved on too! I often play old voicemails to feel close to him! And it helps me cope! And then there’s that one mean voicemail that brings me back to reality! But we tend to romanticize the relationship when in reality there were a lot of personal issues with this person, or try to envision a future with your ex…it would probably not live up to your fantasy, but would be a big disappointment! Focus on the reality of the relationship, and not romanticize it…your heart is hurting, and you are not alone!!! This site has helped me get through another day!!! Always reach out to us if you need to!

2 Likes

My Ex-Boyfriend did the same thing too. I do understand that breaking up with someone is hard to do even if you were the one who did it. I know its hard to stop thinking about that other person. But don’t keep thinking about her, you should find things you like to do to keep her out of your mind. I got over something by talking and hanging out with my friends. Even if I feel sad about it, I always like to think about the things I still have or the things that keep me happy in life. Talk and hang out with your friends, it will cheer you up. Keep going forward and don’t hold back because of the past.

2 Likes