I can't handle this right now

So I can’t seem to escape my inner self anymore. I don’t know what to do. The only place I feel free is at work. I keep having anxiety attacks and my claustrophobia is absolutely fucking horrible. I recently got into a relationship that I don’t know if I want. When she goes to kiss me I get claustrophobic and the starts another anxiety attack. I told her that I’m not sure if this is going to work but that we would give it a shot. But fuck I’m so high strung anymore I don’t know what to do. I just want to run away but no matter how far I run I’ll still be right there. How do I escape myself and these feelings I have?

1 Like

You are feeling this way for a reason. Something is causing the anxiety and stress, and that is ok. The way you feel is not wrong, but how you react to it is very important. In my experience, simply taking a step back and analyzing why I am feeling and what is the cause is enough to help me 75% of the time. Anxiety is not easy and if she cares about you she will be understanding and support you with what you need from her.

2 Likes

Hey friend, thanks for posting and sharing with us.

Escaping your inner self is something that’s sort of impossible. The struggle (and ultimately, the satisfaction) comes from coping with and overcoming the inner self, especially the lies we tell ourselves (i.e. I’m not good enough, I’ll never get better, etc.). It will take time and it’s not easy, but all that is important is that you are trying and making progress in some area. Some things that have helped me are therapy, and talking to people who are close to me about things that I’m struggling with. Posting here is a great start. That shows strength and willingness to let others help you. Believe it or not, lots of people find it really difficult to even get to the point of letting others in to help them. As long as you don’t have to do this alone (which you don’t—you never do) you will certainly get through it.

As far as the relationship goes, claustrophobia must make that very difficult. I’m sorry you have to deal with that. In my opinion, the most important piece to keeping that relationship healthy is to have good communication. If she understands where you’re coming from and what you’re going through, and if you understand the same about her, it will make things a lot easier and smoother. From my experience, poor communication is what makes a relationship begin to crumble. It’s okay if that happens, too, but just try to recognize that and refocus yourself to begin good communication again. It seems easy and common sense, but keeping good communication is certainly not always the easiest thing to do. But it’s an important thing to focus on in my opinion.

I’m sorry I don’t have any concrete advice to fix the problem, per se, but the bottom line is that you’re not alone. You never have to deal with these issues by yourself. It’s okay to not be okay and I can see just from you posting this that you have the willingness to help yourself and better yourself. You can do this. We believe in you.

Is there something specific that is causing you a lot of stress and anxiety that is feeding into these claustrophobic feelings?

Right now as far as your relationship, the best thing you can do is be open, honest and upfront. If you’re not feeling it or not ready, be sure to let her know. Just let her know where you are at.

Maybe some meditation can help out? Have you tried HeadSpace? It’s an app you can get on your phone, or maybe trying to look up some Meditative stuff on YouTube? This may be really good for helping you clear your head and releasing some of these “strung out” feelings.

Im sorry you’re having a hard time friend. I can definitely relate. I’ve been all over the place lately. Stressed and worried about the future and upcoming changes.

Hold fast my friend.

1 Like

Hi friend. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Thanks for opening up to us and showing how you’ve feel.
I just wanna lay you know that you aren’t alone. It sucks to go through this, you want to be there for her, but your struggles get in the way. I would recommend talking to her about how you feel more, and take time for yourself. Your health is the most important friend.
Stay strong

1 Like