I did it. I made it a day (Failed)

I’ve made it through the day without self harming. It’s been hard but I did it. I’ve made it a day. I’ll update this post for every day that I’m clean until it’s been a week and then I’ll update for every week as not to spam the board.

12 Likes

@Paladine well done friend! I can’t wait to see your updates :slight_smile:

5 Likes

YES.

So, so, so proud of you.

You’re wonderful.

:hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

I made it two days without self harming. I fucking did it. I’m actually proud of myself. Which feels weird because I normal never feel any kind of pride but I do now. I’ve been actually okay with my body today as well which, while not a first, has been a nice change. I’ve had some really bad urges but I haven’t broken yet. I’ve also fallen into some loops of that you are worthless and deserve pain but I didn’t break and they got a little quieter but they are still really loud but I’m going to keep fighting against them. I’ll update this when I make it to three days.

5 Likes

From one stranger to another, I’m truly proud of you. It takes resolve to decide you’ve had enough. And it takes even more to actually do something about it.

Every day you make it is another little victory; something that’s truly worth celebrating.

Be kind to yourself. It may sound a little woo woo, but I find that expressing genuine pride to yourself, almost as though you’re a separate person entirely, can be helpful. The same way you would be proud of someone you love for overcoming adversity, you can apply that to yourself.

You’re doing great. Ya really are. Little victories add up.

4 Likes

That is absolutely amazing! You should 100% be proud of that. I am proud of you along with everybody else!!
I look forward to hearing your progress, and I’m gonna believe with you and for you that a year from today you’re gonna post on here that it’s been an entire year since you’ve self harmed yourself.
You’re worth too much to hurt yourself.

3 Likes

At the moment having really bad urges I’ll tell you if I break or not. Also @Kayleigh.xo @Micro @Zroberts @connerm1219 thank you for your kind words I hope I make it through this really hard urge.

3 Likes

I believe in you @Paladine. Know that we’ll keep being here as well, no matter what.

You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Keep it up!!! You can do it! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey, how are you feeling buddy? We’re here if you need support

3 Likes

I made it through that one but I’m still struggling to not self harm but I’ve made it to day three I did it. I’m still feeling proud of myself which feels so weird. I definitely need some help to make it past this though.

4 Likes

Well done!
Have you tried the distance, distract, redirect technique?
I find havening is quite good, if you have a Google or look on YouTube you could look into it and see if that might help you when you’re having difficult thoughts?

4 Likes

I don’t know what that is but I’ll check it out. God my brain is now just telling I should hurt myself aaahhhh. I’m trying not hurt myself but I’m feeling really worthless and that I should

3 Likes

You’re not in the least bit worthless, so don’t believe the lies your head is telling you. It’s full of crap.

These are the best coping skillz you can learn.

Distraction soooo works if you really want it too. Take yourself out of the situation you’re in. Go outside and listen to the sounds, concentrate on each one or count them. If you have a pet, sit with it and run your hand along it’s fur. Notice each strand of hair hitting your hand and focus on that. Call a friend, someone you trust and see if they want to hang out or talk. Pretty much anything that will redirect your thinking to something else.

You can try mindfulness tools too. When you are really, really having a bad day and all you can think about is hurting yourself, try to bring yourself back into the moment. Here is a page to get you started on this if you’re interested. It’s really helped me to bring my self back from those self harming thoughts that sometime consume.

3 Likes

Thank you for that. Lucky I made it through that moment. I’ll try distraction and mindful tools thank you.

3 Likes

@Paladine

You got this <3

3 Likes

Try Havening if you find distracting isn’t working, it’s really good too and you can listen to music or something while you’re doing it. I’m glad you managed to get through it, you’re doing great!

2 Likes

I made it to day four now yay. The urges are getting really strong but I’ve been coping (barely). I’ve been trying out the things you guys have sent and I’ll try to keep going but the urges are really strong

4 Likes

YES! Soo proud of you! One day at a time, you can do it. :heart:

3 Likes

I made it to day four now yay. The urges are getting really strong but I’ve been coping (barely). I’ve been trying out the things you guys have sent and I’ll try to keep going but the urges are really strong

That’s AMAZING, friend. Well done!

Adding to the resources, I don’t know if I ever shared this one with you, but this free-app is a good resource to have ideas of distractions for 5 or 15 minutes, depending on how you feel at the moment:

(Don’t mind the “teenager” mention in the description. It’s for everyone.)

You got this. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes