I don’t even know anymore

I don’t know what to do.
I can’t seem to help my friends or myself.

I’m looking for a distraction that is not negative, but it is so hard.

I just want to cry and not be alone.

Hey @fiji, I’m glad you came here to share this :heart:

Firstly I just want to say that it’s okay to feel everything you’re feeling. We’re not only valuable when we’re able to help our friends, or even ourselves - even at our worst, we matter, and how we feel matters.

I’m familiar with that feeling of being overwhelmed, and I’ve come up with a few ways of coping. Maybe they’ll help you too :slight_smile: I like to type out everything I’m thinking into a Word document so I can get my thoughts out, or listen to music (playing music is great too, or singing, even humming), reading a book, putting on a show or a movie you like, or my favourite - going on a slow walk. The most important thing is that you put as much energy as you can into exactly what you’re doing, right now. I try to remind myself that the future isn’t here yet, and that I can deal with that when it comes.

And in case you need to hear this: There’s also nothing wrong with feeling like you need to cry. Sometimes letting yourself really feel what you need to feel can be a really important and really cathartic.

I hope some of this helps. If none of that resonates, let me know. :heart: We’ll figure out something. If you’d like, we could talk about what’s happening in your life right now too :slight_smile: Getting it all out can be very helpful, and maybe we could offer some more specific support.

Good luck friend, thank you for sharing with us :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate it

1 Like

@fiji, I’m really happy to help :heart: Thank you for your reply! I’m here if you wanna talk, don’t hesitate to post more or shoot me a message. :slight_smile:

1 Like