I don’t even know what to do anymore

I read a wiki how article on how to run away from an abusive home. Apparently, I can go to a runaway shelter. But, it also turns out in Washington state, running away is illegal, and I’m old enough to go to juvenile detention. I’m unable to get emancipated until I’m 16. Five years away. I’m not even sure I should be looking into this. At some point, I wanted to go to a conversion camp so I could be “normal”, but Washington is very LGBTQ friendly, and have banned conversion therapy/camps wayyy before I or my parents were born. But that wouldn’t matter. My mom would have said no and told me that I don’t have anything to be ashamed of, and to quote her, “Oh, and don’t forget, fvck labels!” I was looking at boarding school, but when I brought up the topic my mom made it very clear that she was not having it. I tried asking to stay with older relative and was yelled at and called a bxtch. I don’t even know what to do anymore.

2 Likes

Hey @Scarlette_Elle,

Running away is not a solution, indeed. It would be a trade between one danger for other types of danger, and the priority now is for you to be safe.

As you mentioned being in an abusive home through your different posts, I’d like to encourage you to reach out to the following helpline, so people who work there can help you find a viable solution regarding your situation:

If it doesn’t help, the next step would be to reach out to social services, even if your mom asked you not to.

You’re not alone, okay? Even if it’s scary to reach out, there are people out there who can help you in this situation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.