I don’t feel like I’m doing enough

Hi, it’s been a while… life has been better, well until now… me and a friend, we vent to each other and we support each other when times are rough, but the thing is, well, today he came to me about having panic attacks again, how he feels like a burden to his other friend who he told today that he was hurting himself, how he ruined his switch (water damage, a cap on a juice bottle leaked through in the same bag as his switch), and just stuff about how things suck right now. I’m worried so much about him and I don’t want him doing something stupid… I just don’t know how to show it, I don’t know what to say to help him through a rough time, and I feel so fucking guilty because of it. I feel obligated to help and I feel like I’m not doing enough… all I want is for him to feel at least a little bit better, I want him to be ok, and I don’t feel like I’m doing enough to help… i mean he’s all the way in Ireland while I’m here in America. All I can really do is just talk to him through a social media platform. I know he will most likely be ok, but that doesn’t stop me from being scared and feeling like I can’t help… and with all these emotions… I just want to cut so badly… I just want all of this to go away, I just want everyone to be ok… I want all of the bad emotions to be erased from this world so there can only be happiness… I want all the worst emotions to just disappear so everyone can be ok… I honestly wish that cutting actually made everything better…

1 Like

Hey there. Have a video response to you. Hope this helps a bit

1 Like

Hey, I just want to encourage you and let you know that just making yourself available in whatever way possible helps. Distance can be tough, some of my closest friend are thousands of miles away, yet sometimes just a text or FB message saying hey, thinking about you, I’m here for you, makes all the difference. The thought of just knowing someone is out there who cares is powerful. You’re friend is so blessed to have someone who cares as you do. Know you are loved, and you are enough. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend!