I don’t feel myself

I don’t exactly know why but my anxiety has been worse lately and has been bothering me, it has been making me want to cancel my plans and just stay in my room. Also I feel more distant from everything right now. I feel sad, I feel disconnected from the world and empty. I dont even feel like having my friends around I just want to be alone. I want to isolate myself. And I keep wanting to relapse and self harm. I have been trying to get better but I keep telling myself what’s the point in getting better? What’s the point in stopping? I feel like it doesnt even matter. This is all a lot to handle. Constantly being in deep thought, feeling a lot of bad things and struggling with this stuff. I really just dont know what to do:/

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Just wanted to let you know you aren’t alone. I understand some of what you are feeling. It’s definitely a hard fight and sucks. I was feeling the same way today but I’m glad I keep pushing forward. I haven’t had this long being free from self harm in prob 3 months. It’s not much only 10 days free but have to keep believing that better things will come. I’m not going to say it’s completely worth it because I’m still fighting for my why I want recovery. I do know that not dealing with the shame afterward has been helping me to keep pushing forward. Hope you can find ways to fight for you and find things that work. I know it’s hard when you can’t silence your mind and is so overwhelming. For me it’s even trying a new thing just once a week. Finding the beauty in nature has been helping me. Even if it’s just one flower out of place or a sunset. It’s seeing how much I’m trying and fighting instead of focusing on what I’m doing wrong. You aren’t alone and I hope you can find some rest. Rooting for you.

1 Like