I don’t know if it’s people or if it’s me

Hello everyone, after finding out that the app was deleted I never logged in here again, so sorry for my absence. I’m also following a heavy military training schedule to gain weight, it’s going great but I’m always tired so I don’t really use my phone that much.

I recently found out that there are a few concerts near my place, and I really want to go. They’re also pretty cheap so I could easily go to 6-7 concerts with like 200€. However, I don’t really know if I should go alone or not. Over the past few months I’ve been enjoying my time alone, and I still love to do that, but concerts are a different thing. I never went to a gig alone and I don’t know what to do. I tried asking a few friends of mine but they don’t really want to go (stupid excuses like exams and other stuff, which I find very childish honestly) so I’m confused about what to do.

Also I’m bugged with how people are lately. I don’t know if it’s me or them, but they all seem to be so…dumb? I don’t know but I hardly go out with people because it’s impossible for me to find someone to even plan a dinner out with. It’s incredible how all the people I know spend their time at home watching tv and never go to a concert, event, or travel to another nearby city because there’s something nice there. Everyone seem so busy with doing actually nothing and I can’t stand it. I’m always in search of new stuff to do and see, and I’m willing to invest part of my money for that, but I’m always alone in this. I do everything alone, and even if it’s nice because I can plan everything the way the I want, it wouldn’t be bad to have someone to share my experience with. I know that the most obvious thing to do is to find other people, but everyone I meet is just the same. I’m very unlucky.

Thank you as always for your time, love you.

2 Likes

Hey friend,

I’m sorry that the people you know aren’t willing to spend time with you. I could easily say “make new friends!” but I know that’s a hard thing to do. I don’t know if you just needed to vent or wanted someone’s opinion, but I would say: Go to the thing. Enjoy the thing. Yeah sometimes it’s not as fun going to an event alone and like you said the nice thing about it is that you CAN do whatever you want. But I think that the more you go and do things, the more you explore, the more you will meet people who have the same interests as you. Don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation with someone. Get their social media. Maybe you’re already doing all those things and have just been unlucky so far, but I’m confident that if you keep going out and reaching out to people with similar interests, you will make friends.

Hold fast <3

love,
sophic

Hey @frapioggia good to hear from you. I’m sorry no one wants to do things with you. People have their reasons but I agree with @sophicspider You should still go and have fun. Yes it would be awesome to share that experience with someone but you should not miss out on an experience because your friends do not want to accompany you. Also with the experiences you might connect with people and form new relationships. So go and have fun because later on you want to be able to look back on your experiences. Keep hanging in there and no that you always have us to talk to about anything and everything.

1 Like