I don’t know what to do!

I am really struggling right now! I have been stuck in a hard situation for the last eleven years… my mother was paralyzed and is morbidly obese and she can’t take care of herself and has put me in the position to be her full time care taker to the point that it has effected me finically and emotionally and mentally. She is also mentally ill and can be very abusive and controlling over me!!! And now my grandmother as had a stroke and might have to come live with my parents and she could end up requiring full time care and I just can’t possibly take care of another debilitated person. And I have concerns for my future and this situation!!! I want to get married and have children but how can I in this situation ? I mean despite being spread thing caring for someone full time and not being able to have a stable job and not to mention how can I be pregnant and move a morbidly obese person around??? I pray to God to make the situation more manageable everyday but it just seems to getting worse and I am getting to the end of my rope!!! I needs help but there appears not to be any!

2 Likes

That’s definitely a lot for one person to manage, your definitely strong for doing so much for so long! Have you ever contacted your city or county’s social services to see what medical assistance your mom would qualify for that could cover medical care and give you more time for your own life.

1 Like

My mom isn’t old enough yet to be on Medicare… So she would have to pay out of pocket for agency care or care.com she can’t afford it being disabled not having normal income like a able bodied person! Ideally even if God would provide enough income for me I would happily be able to pay aid service to get a break and to be able manage my own responsibility’s!!! But hopefully if my grandmother needs care I think she might at-least qualify for aid care so hopefully that won’t necessarily fall on my lap. I am trying to start a photography business and editing business and my prayer is with these side ventures I will be able to provide aid care for my mom so that I can get a break!!!

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping there was something out there for coverage for her. It’s easy to forget how much stuff is out of pocket expenses. That’s awesome about the business you want to start and that’s really noble of you looking to cover the cost of care. I’ll definitely be praying for you with the business and your family.

Thank you!!! I am praying God provides the resources needed. My family is going through a very hard time right now. As of right now my grandmother can’t stand from the stroke and they can’t really pin point the prognosis because strokes are tricky but I hold out hope she will regain some function… we should always look for the positive in all things and mine is that between the experience with my mother and grandmother is how very important it is to take care of your health! I am very funny about what I eat and I don’t consume things that are unhealthy. If you are good to your body it will be good for you and you will be Abel to live out your latter years being as active and independent as possible…

Of course, I’ll also pray for her and wisdom for the drs to help her. That’s awesome your looking for the positives in situations!! It’s so easy to lose sight of that. That’s so true about being good to your body, that’s great your taking care of yourself now to be a healthier person later in life, so many people lose sight of that. I’m sure some days are really difficult in life but you have an amazing outlook that I think will carry you far in life.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.