I don’t know when to stop

Recently, including tonight, I’m having a hard time knowing when to put myself first, before school. I know people always say that your well-being is more important than a grade, or some homework, but I’ve always had trouble with that. I guess part of it is my anxiety. I’m always so worried about what will happen, if I don’t turn all my assignments in on time.

People say, just talk to your teachers, they’re understanding, but I’m a very shy person.

Either way, it’s well passed Midnight and I have to get up in 6 hours, however I’ve still got a lot of homework to finish. My ADHD gets really bad, and it takes me 4+ hours to just read a chapter in a textbook, and take notes.

I can already tell that I’m way too stressed out, and I need some sort of way to help relieve some of this pressure. It’s getting to the point where sometimes I don’t sleep and stay up for 40+ hours at a time, just to finish school work. Other times, I feel like complete sh*t and then proceed to fail quizzes and such when I’m at school, because I only got 3 hrs of sleep the previous night. I don’t know what to do, and I don’t want to spiral down into my bad places again.

(And on top of everything else, I feel physically sick right now, but I keep pushing myself to continue to work.)

Love,
Ash💕

2 Likes

Hey there,

I can understand how you feel about wanting to push yourself to the limit to finish a certain task and will do whatever it takes to do so. Ive been there a hundred times, and while you said you KNOW people tell you to take care of yourself first, they are right. I learned a long time ago that at the end of the day, you just have to do the best you can and not push yourself because you are only going to do more damage in the long run.

I know you say you are shy however i would advise that you talk to a counselor or your teacher, I’m more than confident they will be able to help you find a system that works best for you or can extend the due dates for certain assignments so that you can focus on yourself.

Hope this helps, keep us updated,
Yummerz

3 Likes

I can completely relate to the school thing. I’m 22, with a full time job, and full time school. It’s so hard balancing work, school, and life. How many classes are you taking? Can you take less? Sometimes I’m overwhelmed because the work is load is just too much for all of the classes I am taking. You do have to put yourself first, and make sure you are taking care of yourself. But pushing yourself, and tackling challenging things is good for you as well. I know school is hard, but you can totally do it. Find ways to prioritize your time. Get a planner and plan out your homework so you can still get it done on time, but don’t feel like you have to do it all at once. But also take care of yourself. Take a break, go for a walk and get some fresh air. You can totally do this girl.

1 Like