I don’t know why i sad

I just don’t understand why i’m sad at all, my day was perfectly fine an all of the sudden i’m sad and want to cry.

2 Likes

Hey @Horselover200246,

Emotions can be quite difficult to understand sometimes, but I want you to know that how you feel is valid, even when it’s hard for you to understand what’s going on right now.

I personally often find myself sad during the evening. Whether my day was good or bad, as my daily life is impacted by depressed thoughts and anxiety, I feel easily drained and I believe that being sad/crying at the end of the day is also my way to get the stress of the day out of my system.Tears are a way to release the pressure. At first I felt ashamed o it and thought I was crazy, but with time I’ve learned to accept that I’m more sensitive than most people, and there is nothing wrong with that.

In general, the evening is also more conductive to feeling sad because we have less things to do, we are less focused on tasks to achieve - overall we’re more connected to ourselves and how we feel, as we are less distracted.

Sometimes, a good tool to use in order to understand a little more how we feel is journaling. Just to try to write down your thoughts as they are, as they come to you, without any judgment and without trying to censor yourself. You’ll see that at some point it creates a natural flow and you’ll manage to make sense of how you feel. The things that are bothering you or hurting you will come naturally through the act of writing, and become more obvious to you. It’s not always a comfortable thing to do though, so if you give it a try one day, I’d recommend you to make sure that you wrap yourself in a soft blanket, have a comforting, hot chocolate next to you, while listening to some relaxing music. Self-care is good too, especially when we feel sad and vulnerable. :hrtlegolove:

I’m sending hugs to you. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.