I don’t want to keep going, my life is meaningless

Sorry guys, but here’s my life in a whole. I was diagnosed with adhd at the age of 6 so I was automatically labeled the weird kid. Fast forward to hs I couldn’t talk to any girls because I had a crippling fear that I would get humiliated and when I got the courage to ask the girl I liked out to prom. Her and the rest of the school humiliated me for just asking. Now I’m 20 never had a girlfriend, my family ignores me and I just don’t think I can go on with life anymore!!! Everyone tells me to shrug it off, you’ll be fine. But I’m never fine, I’m always lonely and everything is always dark and gloomy in view. I try to seek out help but no one seems to care

3 Likes

Hey @Alknappp1998,

We care.

The fact that you have ADHD does nor define you. That will never define who you are as a person.

You have breath in your lungs which therefore makes you important.

I understand how hard high school can be- it really does suck at times. I’m sorry you had to go through that.

I know what it’s like to never feel ok- but there is hope and there is help.

There are a lot of resources that can be of aid for you with your struggles. It’s hard to reach out but you have took a good first step by posting here and I am proud of you.

I know how it feels when people tell you to just let things go- some things we can’t. If it’s safe I encourage you to talk to these people about how they make you feel- but I will say I also know how hard that can be. Some people we can’t change I guess- that’s how I see it in my personal life.

What I will say is you have to forge your own path. Find things you love and advance in them. I personally use art and music as my outlets.

Maybe volunteering would help to get you away from these people for a bit- or possibly finding a job you are interested in.

Please just remember that the difference in how your brain works doesn’t change how others see you. We see you as a human who deserves love and acceptance simply because you are breathing.

Hold fast. I believe in you.

With love,
Lyss (ur old pal Blurryface)

2 Likes

:sob: thank you so much you don’t how much it means to know that someone out there cares

3 Likes

Hi @Alknappp1998 thanks for posting. I was always picked on through school because I would become friends with the people that were on their own, rather than try to mix in with the popular kids. I’m 22 and still don’t really understand my sexuality fully - it’s hard.
You can keep going, there is help out there, I’m not sure where in the world you are but there are resources that your doctor might be able to provide you with. However - you’ve reached out here, and guess what? We care. We will never tell you to just “shrug it off”. We will be here to listen and reassure you that you’re not alone and that you can get through this.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like