I dont know how to deal with this anymore

A bunch of repressed memories are starting to come back and they’re scary. I can’t stop remembering them and it’s just so scary because I’ll be perfectly fine and then I’ll feel like I’m back during something that was overwhelmingly upsetting. I don’t know what to do and my therapist isn’t helping. I’m trying to get across to hurt how much this is hurting but she just keeps telling me that I need to distract myself.

I just don’t know what to do anymore…

5 Likes

This is a lot to deal with my friend I am so sorry. First off anything that is a repressed memory like that is so hard to deal with. I have dealt with that myself and I have had a lot of repressed things that came back and still do. I have found that for me until I get to talk about them I cant keep going. I want so badly to be okay with stuff but I cant at times. I feel you should give yourself a break you deserve to know that it is a lot to deal with. I am sorry your therapist just tells you to distract yourself but that isnt always the easiest in those moments. What do you tend to do as a distraction anyway. I would love to know that because for me personally my therapist made the suggestion that instead of just distracting myself with something to use a method that was multiple things but a big one was finding something productive to put my energy into rather than focusing on stuff in that moment and trying to use an escape I will work what it is out in my own production. Like drawing, writing, sewing, training my dogs. I do a lot of that stuff so that I have a good means of supporting myself. Just know personally if you want to talk about this I am on the discord and would love to be a support.

2 Likes

Hello Friend we hope this finds you well.

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EQV7INAuwpB4A2QBz8eG1LLITlhBcG6D/view?usp=sharing, hold fast friend!

2 Likes

I wanted to say thank you for all the support. My therapist and I recently had a pretty heavy session where she did determine that I’m having flashbacks and we’re going to work on them for the next few sessions.

4 Likes

Hey @TheRats , @taylor dedicated a song to you during her live stream!

Hold Fast

2 Likes

hi bud i want to say i know how you feel i really do if u just want to talk let me know i be there for u and i hope for alll life treats u good

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.