I don't know what to do anymore...?

Right now, i’m sitting on the floor in my bathroom and thinking, which makes me cry. I don’t know what is it, but one time I’m happy everything is fine but then, from minute to minute is everything wrong and there doesn’t have to be reason for it. It just happend. Right now I’m thinking about to give up trying to like myself I always fail no matter how hard I tried. I’ve been trying way to long without any success. I think that i hate myself even more. And yeah, people can keep saying me, that I’m not ugly or that It doesn’t matter how you look and It’s nice from them, but I can’t help myself, I can’t stop.
Why is my mood changing so rapidly, what the hell is that ? It never was so bad.

1 Like

Hey @Xeanel,

You are not alone. I have been in this place multiple times.

So many times I have locked myself in my bathroom and just cried, had anxiety attacks, I just broke.

I struggle a lot with self worth so I understand where you are coming from- people say they love me but why can’t I say that to myself? Why can’t I learn to love myself?

I think the answer to those questions come in the journey. We have to learn to love ourselves- we may have gone very long with hating ourselves but we can always get back on the road to recovery.

It’s not an easy road- not everyday we will love ourselves, but that’s why we have friends. I encourage you to reach out to someone you really trust about this. There are a lot of resources that can be of aid to you here.

No one here is a trained medical professional really, so I encourage you to talk to your doctor about these mood changes- I think it would help a lot more.

Hope I could help a little bit. Just know that even when you can’t find love for yourself- we will always love you, as will so many others.

Hold fast.

With love,
Lyss(ur old pal Blurryface)

2 Likes

@Xeanel

It is a hard place to be in when our thoughts seem to overtake us. Keep holding fast. You are loved, even if that’s impossible to comprehend right now. You are strong, even if you feel paralyzingly weak. You have so much potential and life to live, even if that seems untrue. You are more than this battle. Keep fighting.

1 Like

Hey friend, I get what it’s like to not like yourself. And I get that it doesn’t change even when people tell you you’re beautiful or anything like that. It’s a hard thing. Finding the power to like yourself is so hard. It’s a journey, and it’s a long one. Sometimes it helps to hear what other people like about you, like if your friends tell you the things they love and admire about you. And not focusing on looks helps sometimes too. Trying to think about the things you like about yourself, and saying them out loud can help. Like “I like that I’m a good listener” or something like that. It sounds cheesy, and feels kinda stupid but it’s actually kind of powerful. I used to make myself pick one thing I liked about myself, and say it out loud in the mirror. It can even be “I like that I was happier for longer today than I was yesterday” or anything like that. The thing about saying things out loud is that it helps it sink in and helps us believe it. I know how hard it is to believe when people say positive things about us when we don’t feel like it’s true. But think about it- why would people who love you lie to you? If they’re telling you things they like about you, it’s because they think it’s true. I hope you keep trying to accept yourself and keep working on it until it’s easy to come up with reasons to like yourself.
You’re not alone in this, and even if it doesn’t feel true, you are loved, valued, liked, strong, and beautiful.