I dont know whether im depressed or not but u stru

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Hope by NF
I don’t know whether I’m depressed or not but u struggle to get through the days and even the hours and minutes. I have 2 kids and love them to death but most times struggle to show love, I just feel like exploding all the time. I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t talk to people in an emotional way and just go about life like an empty shell

1 Like

Hello friend!

I’m so sorry you’re going through that. It very well it could be depression, but the hardest thing about depression especially in the beginning is voicing that you’re going through something. So you’ve taken a huge first step! I know it can be hard to express things but little things like just spending some time with them and doing something fun can be a nice first step and see how things go as well. There’s also different people you can talk to like a therapist, and most even offer telehealth which is a blessing in disguise!

Regardless, you’ve got this! <3

1 Like

Hi and Welcome to Heartsupport, thank you for posting. It sounds like you are having a really difficult time right now and its really courageous of you to reach out.

It is so hard to get through each day when you feel like you are struggling especially when you have children. It could be worth speaking to your doctor about the symptoms of depression including postpartum depression depending on how old your children are of course and if they think you may be experiencing them and if so you could get help for that, whether that is medicinal or therapeutic it will be a huge help to you if they find you need that.

It can be a bit strange or awkward to talk to a complete stranger about your day to day feelings but once you start you soon start to feel better and it gets easier and easier to open up.

Therapists/counselors have seen and heard it all, they have dealt with all people from all walks of life and are very used to people that find it hard to open up, they will do all they can to help and will be patient and kind as that is their job

I hope you can get to speak to someone and that they can help, You deserve to go through your life feeling all the emotions you should be feeling, they need to be set free, to show the real you, the wonderful you.

Good luck and I would love to hear how you get on. Lisa.

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

I agree with @djstarion’s advice. Being a mother is not easy as people seemed. There is no proper way of being a good parent, sometimes it’s just instincts. It’s totally normal to be sad in certain days in your life. Each parent have a different definition of expressing their love to children. Do what makes you feel comfortable! You have been a wonderful parent to take care two beautiful children. When you said “empty shell”, it means depression to me. Always remember to take care of yourself first before anybody else. Parents do feel burn out when taking care of children. Sometimes try to treat yourself.

1 Like

Hi Friend,

I’m sorry to hear about how you have been feeling. I imagine it must be hard but I applaud you for hanging in there and continuing on. What you are experiencing could be depression. Have you ever thought of maybe speaking with anyone about these feelings before? Maybe having a safe place to explore what you are going through could be helpful.

I hope that you are able to feel better soon and that you can get back to place where you can talk to others in an emotional way and you no longer feel like an empty shell. I am rooting for you! :white_heart:

1 Like