I dont think that I cant trust anybody

If someone that have read my post, you know that I am having a hard time with people and friendship, in my class now I have found people that are nice with me, but I cant trust them, maybe I am afraid of making someone mad at me again and that they hate me. I only want to make the right thing.

4 Likes

@Maisnow

It is very hard to build new relationships when you’ve been hurt or disappointed by someone you care about. Trust isn’t acquired at first. It takes time to trust someone, to be trusted as well. You may need some time to grieve your past relationships and heal from the wounds it created. You mentioned the mistakes you did several times and it’s quite normal to be afraid of hurting others in these circumstances.

It’s only my opinion, but I’d like to share what follows with you:

• There is no reason to repeat the same mistakes or to go through the same situation over and over. Actually you have some power: because you remember what you did, what happened before, then you can learn from what happened in order to not do the same.
  • Don’t hide yourself. Try not to be someone else just to please everyone. You have your personality, you have needs too. It sounds that you are afraid of being rejected and that’s totally understandable. Many of us here experience the same fear. But if you let this fear take too much space in your life, then your behavior will be conditioned by it. You will be conditioned by this fear. And it would be very unhealthy.
  • Don’t forget that your fear is based on a projection (future) and an experience you had before (past) but nothing real right now (present). And that’s how most of our fears work.
    You said you have found people who are nice to you. Then that sounds to be a good thing, right? :wink:
  • Take your time. It’s okay. There’s no reason to rush for anything. Human relationships can be very complex as we all carry our own story, expectations… Trust will be built naturally.
  • A little reminder: you are beautiful just as you are. What you lived before doesn’t make you worthless or unlovable. About this subject, I’d like to share with you a motivational video from the HS Youtube channel. I hope it will inspire you to get rid of your fears progressively:

Sending much love your way. :heart:

3 Likes

Friendship and dating have a lot in common. You meet someone new, you click, you get to know them, and slowly get emotionally invested. If they’re not a good fit early on, you can cut and run with no consequences. But if you stay open to the possibility of making new friends and give them a chance, you just might grow to like them and even “fall in love” with them. I hope it works out for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes