I Don't Want Anything To Do My Father And My Father Never Loved Me

Its been almost two years that I don’t see my father, I live 15 mins away from him and he doesn’t even care to visit me or even call me to see if I am alive. When I was little my father abandoned me when I was 10 and I didn’t grow up with a father in my life. I tried to reach out to him and I wanted a father but he just didn’t care. He wasn’t a good father he was mean to me he would hit me for no reason he was abusive and he never took care me or my mom and I struggled a lot for many years as a child and teenager.

10 years ago as an adult I needed him and when I needed him to be there for me he was there for me again and I have come to the point that I cannot deal with it anymore I cannot stand that he has an alcoholic, a womanizer and a drunk it makes me sick to my stomach that I am related to that man that is a complete waste of space and a complete loser. I vowed to myself I would never be like or follow the same example as him. I am proud to say I am straight edge, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke and I don’t do drugs and I keep away from sex as whole period. This is one of the reasons why I never want to get married or have kids because I would never put them through what I went through ever.

Hey friend. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I wish I could take this pain and hurt away from you. I just want you to know that you’re father doesn’t define you. His actions toward you don’t reflect who you truly are. Who you are is a great, strong, smart person. You are valuable, worthy, and deserving of love and acceptance.
I have the same kind of relationship with my mom. It’s really hard and I wish it wasn’t this way. I just wanna tell you that you’re not alone. We’re here for you. You are wanted and accepted here and I’m very grateful you’re here. Stay strong

1 Like