I feel alone and isolated

I’m dealing right now with self harm thoughts. I don’t have anyone to talk to. I had something embarrassing happen to me, one of my best friends told someone things that he shouldn’t have said, when it happened I kind of just wanted to be alone. Till finally I talked to someone, but it didn’t help. I have been stressed, overwhelmed, angry, and so much more. I’ve felt alone, isolated because I didn’t know what to. For a long time a would just stay in my room and not do anything. My mom would come in and ask me if I was okay. And I would say yeah but I wasn’t. I just get overwhelmed by the thoughts in my mind. I’m kind of fed up with the whole situation. I just want to give up and not do anything else. I feel overwhelmed,angry,stressed. I felt like I would be judged if I told anybody about this.

1 Like

I am sorry you’re going through this.

1 Like

You’re talking to the right people now, friend.

1 Like

Thank you for posting - you’re talking about it right now, it’s ok. This is a completely safe place.

It wasn’t my best friend - but when my mother found out for the first time I was self harming and she decided to tell my whole family. Not just immediate family, but people I didn’t even talk to… I’ve not spoken her since because of that breach of trust, and for a good 6 years I never spoke to anyone about anything. I deal with the battle of my addiction and self harm on a daily basis and it sucks… I’ve gotten to a point now where I can’t not talk about it though. If I don’t reach out, my head goes to overdosing and killing myself - even if I’m crying and screaming, I know these people will listen and help me. You’re okay, you won’t be judged, you will be supported in the same way.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hey Angie,

Im really sorry you are going through this right now. If I’m being honest it kind of sounds like you’re in a place where just talking may not help. It might take days, weeks, months, until you start to feel better. Sometimes when we get these dark places it takes a lot of work and it takes a lot of patience. But I want you to know that just because you haven’t found the help you need yet doesn’t mean that you will never find the help you need. I really want to applaud you for being honest on here. But I think you also need to be honest with your mom. When you’re honest and you’re open to the people in your life who care about you and can help you that’s when you start finding the right steps for you. The right steps to find the help that you need. And I’m not gonna lie there might be some people who judge you. But those are people who don’t need in your life. The people who matter, the people who love you, but want to be there for you. They want you to be honest. Overwhelming thoughts are so stressful I’m so sorry you are going through that. Please reach out. Please do not isolate yourself that just makes things worse. And if anything keep reaching out on here because we will always be here for you. There’s always hope. Hold fast. We believe in you.

Love,
Cassie

1 Like

@Angie,

I’m sorry you feel like you can’t talk to anyone about whatever it is you’re going through. Life is rough sometimes, and not everyone is healthy to keep in our own journey. But, you won’t ever be judged here. This is a place to let your thoughts come out and try to work through them.
Self-harm is something a lot of people deal with, and you shouldn’t feel like a freak or worthless if you’re struggling with it. (If it’s something you want to work through, I urge you to check out the HS book Rewrite)

I hope you can find some helpful/healthy ways to deal with what you’re going through. I wish I could offer more advice, but I’m not sure what would help you. But remember that there are people here who have been in, or are dealing with, very similar situations. You don’t have to go through this alone. I hope this place can be a safe and helpful community for you!

1 Like

im very sorry to hear that your trust was betrayed. It can make us feel isolated and alone. First i want to say that its not just you, but that many of us have had our trust betrayed so this is not about you being not worthy of trust or others. Im very greatful you trust heartsupport enough to reachout here. We will not judge you and will continue to help you through this.

1 Like

hey angie, sorry things are difficult for you these days, you not alone

1 Like

@Angie You’re not alone here! It’s very hard for me to let people in and allow them into my uncomfort zone. Pushing through those boundaries is hard for me, so sometimes when I have hard things to process and deal with, keeping it locked up makes everything seem worse. Try and find someone that will support your feelings in a non judgemental way. If that’s not your parents or your close friends, try a teacher, mentor, or maybe a school counselor? Having someone honestly hear and respect what you’re feeling is a great step to begin to tackle your stress and anger in a positive way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Angie,

Most friends don’t intentionally hurt each other and if they do they usually didn’t mean to cross the line; especially best friends. I’ve had similar things happen to me in my younger life and when they did happen I addressed it with my friend and most of the time they apologized intently.

When they didn’t apologize I went on to find better friends who were better people.

I hope you feel better and know that you’re loved and not alone.

1 Like

Angie I’m a struggling veteran dealing with serious depression and anxiety. Stress being a huge contributing factor in it. Some days are hard and I start to lose faith in myself. Sometimes I hear demons in my head telling me to hurt myself. I’ve found a support network of friends with similar demons some of them on here. Talking to these friends that have shared experiences that truly care and want to help each other fight back. When it gets bad I focus on the voices of my friends and together we fight them back. Know that I care about you and I want you to feel better also I’ll help fight your demons and I’m rather battle tested at this point.

1 Like

Hey @Angie here is our video response from our live stream. Hold Fast!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all your support and encouragement. I really appreciate it. It had been super helpful. I love this community.

1 Like