I feel completely useless

I stumbled upon this page because i was searching for some support.
I dont know what to say but i want someone to be there even though i dont speak anything.
Everything i do goes wrong, somehow, someway or other. I am the youngest and always get scolding from one or another.
Everyone around me complains about what i lack. Its like i have not heard anything good about me since ages. I feel suicidal sometimes. I just dont know what to do.
I cant take it anymore. Its suffocating.

1 Like

Hey, shine.

I am the middle child, alongside my brother, out of 4 siblings. Trust me when I say I know exactly how you feel. Growing up, I was constantly compared to my older brother. It is the worst feeling.

You are special and just as important as everyone else around you. You deserve the same love, affection, and attention and don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You are unique, and perfect the way you are.

Suicide is never the answer. Stay strong.
I’m here if you ever need a listening ear; we all are.

1 Like

Hey @shine,

First off, I want to welcome you to HeartSupport! I hope that you find a sense of safety and refuge within this amazing community.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re not doing so good right now. There’s a huge difference between “feelings” and “facts.” For example, in your situation, just because you feel completely useless doesn’t mean that you are completely useless. Or, just because you failed at something doesn’t make you a failure.

If you haven’t taken the “5 Love Languages” test, I highly recommend you check it out:

The reason I recommend it is because it sounds like your #1 language might be “words of affirmation.” In other words, in order to feel loved, you need someone to affirm your worth. Personally, my top language is “words of affirmation” and because I don’t receive it much, I need to take it upon my own-self to provide myself with words of affirmation. It can be awkward at first, but you’ll learn to believe anything you repeatedly tell yourself. Start by looking at yourself in the mirror, once in the morning and once at night, and say 3 truths about yourself. It can be anything. Repeat until you start to believe it. Write it on the mirror if you have to (my friend does this).

I hope this helps! Please keep us updated on your situation.

-Eric

1 Like

Im sorry that you’re feeling not good enough. I’m the eldest of my siblings and get treated worse than them so I understand. You’re not alone. Its hard, believe me I know, but please let the voices of this community shout louder than those you’re hearing right now. You are loved. You are good enough. You will feel so much better when you get out of that environment. Until then - we are here to fight by your side and tell you the truth.

Hold fast
Kayla

1 Like

Shrine,

The HS community is here you can reach out to anyone and they’ll definitely respond we are here for you it’s the least we can do since you helped out others it’s a give and take kind of thing :slight_smile:

1 Like