I feel helpless and very stressed out

I’m very stressed out right now in my life. I had something personal and embarrassing happene to me at my church. It has been five months and I can talk to anyone. It’s been a hard time for me, it is a hard time in my life. I feel alone, no one understands what I’m going through. I haven’t really told anyone what has happened. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

2 Likes

Hey @Angie!
I’m so sorry that it’s been a hard day. Sometimes people in the church don’t reflect the heart of Christ which sucks a lot. I want you to know that the Lord loves you regardless of what you have done or has been done to you. Jesus is comprised of peace and joy not anxiety and discomfort. Let him comfort you in this time. Thank you for sharing this with us and know that we’re here for you and we love you.

I hope that these words encourage you!

Hold Fast,
-SJ

2 Likes

@Angie

Hi. Nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing. The church is a difficult subject for me to talk because anyone from the previous churches aren’t reaching out to me or my loved ones. It’s okay to feel this way. You are not wrong. Pray to God for forgiveness, give you strength in this storm that you are in. You are important. We do not know you well, but this community loves you. You are loved.

Sometimes we think what has happened has changed how others see us. So if you can’t be the same person when there then don’t. Don’t suffer or torture yourself either though. If going there is going to be a problem then I suggest moving on.

If it how you have percieved yourself then I suggest either doing an accomplishment you would feel would outway the embarassment or getting some professional help (therapist) to hash out the issues for what happened.

1 Like