I feel like I shouldn't exist

I feel so worthless I don’t know why I exist at all, I never do anything that helps anyone I just simply exist with no purpose in life.

4 Likes

Hey friend,

Your existence brings so much more than you may realize right now. Feeling empty and worthless is like wearing glasses that act as a filter. We see ourselves completely disconnected from the rest of the world and we miss how bright and beautiful we actually are.

You don’t have to help others to have purpose in life, although if that is something you aim to do more in your life, then I would like to encourage you to join one of our Support Wall Action Teams on Discord, which are groups of community members responding to people who posted on the forum here. It’s a possibility to help others that is available anytime, if you’d like to be a part of it. Here’s some info about it:

Although something important to keep in mind is that there is no amount of helping others that will ever define your worth. You are worthy as a matter of fact. Everything else is just some extra bonus. Feeling worthless or with a purpose is something that relies on the way you perceive yourself, but will never be the reflection of how much you do in life. And actually, taking care of yourself, figuring out what you want to do, who you are, is purposeful in itself, and is going to have a positive impact on all the people you’ll interact with.

Finding our purpose and/or what we want to do in life is a huge question that can be very intimidating. Maybe it would help to start by identifying some of your values and how your life actually is? We have a little challenge here on the forum that I’d strongly encourage you to try, just to figure out some easy ways, in your daily life, to do things that fulfills you and make sense to you. Here’s the post to the challenge:

https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/7-day-value-recognition-challenge/14603

You are loved so much and you are enough just as you are. It takes time to learn to see our own worth and to embrace it. You will get there, at your own pace. In the meantime, don’t let these lies about yourself take the best of you. You are worthy – it’s a matter of learning to wear new glasses and see your own beauty, little by little. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

The problem with trying to do something like that is finding the motivation to actually do it.

1 Like

In therapy I learned a skill called Opposite Action. It’s the idea of doing the opposite of what your negative emotions and thoughts are telling you to do. It’s something I’m working on and I hope you can check this video out and I’ll also put this link in too if you’d like to read more about it. It’s been really helping me to learn about this stuff.

The first part of the video is about Opposite Action, but 2nd part is interesting too.

You matter and you are loved!

1 Like

Thanks I will definitely check it out hopefully it works for me.

2 Likes

You are worth so much. More than you realize. I know that is probably hard to see right now. When we are “in the thick of it”, so to speak, our perception of ourselves and our lives gets clouded. It happens to me, too. Keep hanging in there. Your life matters.

I don’t really see how it does if I didn’t exist nothing in this world would change.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.