I Feel Like I'm Drowning

I feel like I’m drowning, and I want to scream out for help but the words just won’t come out. It feels like nobody gets it. My girlfriend, she tries to help but I feel like she just looks at me like I’m something for her to fix. I know she loves me but ever since I tried she hasn’t looked at me the same and I know it because she is afraid to lose me. But honestly, the harsh reality is that she lost me before she even had me.I go through life almost floating it feels like I am not really here. The meds they just dull everything to sligh humming but they are still there I feel like there is a little kid who has a switchboard and they just are pushing buttons that control me and its one emotion from the next and it’s exhausting. I just I’m tired of feeling this way. I just want it all to stop.

1 Like

Hi friend. Im so sorry that you’re feeling this way right now. Thank you for posting. Does your girlfriend know that this is how you’re feeling? Maybe you could speak to her and tell her what she can do to help you. Even if you’re unsure yourself, you can always come up with things together. Medication is a really weird thing for mental health as there are so many different ones and they can work for one person but not another. If you feel medication is the way forward please keep talking to your doctor to find the right ones. There are people that want to help you and you will get your head above water again. It may just take some time for you to learn how to swim all over. Keep fighting this. We love you.

Kayla

1 Like

Hey brother,
I hope that you know that there are people who care about you and want for you to feel better. We are here for you, your girlfriend, and medical professionals. If you want to come out of this emotional limbo, I would advise that you cling to your support systems and work with all three to find solutions to help ease your burden. We are here for you, bro. Stay strong.

1 Like

I feel this. It’s so hard for your loved ones to understand your pain. After you keep telling them that they don’t understand and you make yourself feel bad when they just want you to feel better.

1 Like

Hey friend,

I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through, but as cliche as it sounds, it WILL get better. I know how frustrating it can be - having a significant other who can only sympathize (as opposed to empathize), but please understand that she has a big heart and WANTS to help you because she loves you and cares about you. Don’t look at it like she thinks you’re just something to fix. Also, assuming you’re seeing a psychiatrist who’s prescribing you the medication that you’re talking about, make sure to bring up that you’re feeling side-effects. Sometimes it takes time to find the perfect combination because everyone is different. Hold tight! You can (and WILL) get through this! We believe in you.

-Eric