I feel like im not worth it

heyo hiyo, im jay. before i start, theres a quick thing about me: i self deprecate a LOT so i already felt like not good enough from the beginning. but now, those thoughts are starting to get the better of me.

here we go. everyday i wake up and i feel worthless, ugly, i cant do anything right, everything i do is terrible. its the worst feeling, and lately, its been really bad.
(side note: yes i see a therapist.)

it all started in febuary when i got into a small car incident and stopped eating for the most part, i was really shaken up.

then june-august i was home alone all day every day and i got really lonely and depressed. that was the worst thing ever.

and now im just feeling like im not worth it anymore, and i dont know what to do, so im writing here. thank you for reading this if you stuck around the entire time.

2 Likes

Hi friend. Welcome to the heart support community. Did you find us on Twitch? Or somewhere else?

I’m sorry that you are hurting and having a hard time right now. I can relate to waking up feeling worthless and ugly. I often battle those feelings of feeling like I can’t do anything right, like I’m a burden etc. You are not alone.

That’s really scary to be involved in a car accident. I know how traumatizing that can be. But, I am glad that you are okay and here with us today and not worse off <3

Being alone is hard. It can be very lonely and depressing. That I know all too well. I was a military wife for 14 years and spent a lot of time alone with my thoughts. So I get it.

Know that you ARE worth it. And here, we care very much.

Heart Support has some resources that maybe could be of help to you that you can look through here: https://heartsupport.com/resources/

Including 7 days of free online counseling, guides and work books for depression and self harm and a community that cares. Take a peek, maybe something could be of help.

You are always welcome in our discord https://discord.gg/JXZzrKh if you need a place to hang out and connect with others.

You don’t have to be alone my friend.

Much love

• Kitty
1 Like

Hi Jayjayva. I’m so sorry you feel worthless. I’m sure it feels like you can’t do anything right, but most likely that isn’t the truth. I have a 22 year old daughter who feels the same way and I’m trying to help her find joy in her life. One of the things she is trying is a gratitude journal. Since you’re seeing a therapist, I’m sure it’s been suggested, but if you haven’t tried it, it might be worth checking out. Even the smallest thing, like the sun shining, is something to be grateful for. Another idea is to make a list of things you know have brought you joy or at least uplifted your mood in the past: taking a walk, talking to a friend, eating a favorite food, helping another person… stuff like that. Then go to that list every morning and try one or two of the items. Check off the ones you do in a day, and then maybe journal about how they made you feel. Thinking about good things makes us feel good. It sounds very simple, but it is true. God bless you and I hope you find self-worth and peace in your life.

2 Likes

tysm for the help, it means a lot to me.

1 Like

tysm for the idea, i will talk to my therapist about it and see if it sounds like a good idea with her.

2 Likes