I feel like there is a weight on my chest that I cant lift

Hi, I’m not really sure how this works but I have been having a hard time lately. I have been having panic attacks every couple of days for the last few months and I constantly feel like there is this weight on my chest and im so anxious all the time. I cut myself for the first time last week and I dont know why I did it but I did. I can’t fall asleep because I cant stop thinking but then when I do fall asleep I cant motivate myself to get out of bed or do college work. My bedrooms a mess but I am able to force myself to go to work an go to football training and I put on a smile and everyone thinks I am happy but im not. i am sad all the time but there is no reason I should be. My life seems perfect and yet im tired all the time. Im tired of being tired. I dont know what to do. I guess im just writing this here because i cant say it out loud.

1 Like

Hi,
I have loads of respect for you to reach out like this. I won’t say everything will be fine, because I can’t promise things like that, but I do sense that you are strong and think you can overcome a lot.

Since I’m a bit in the same situation I can’t advice you on anything. I’m on a waitlist for a psychologist since the GP diagnosed me with possible mood disorder. I do hope that will help, and I would love to see you trying something as well. Maybe talking to friends is a nice first step, if you don’t want to be a burden to those I think professional help is a good idea, because they are trained and will be able to deal with it personally as well…

2 Likes

Hi!
First time i’m hearing about mood disorder diagnose. I think we all have mood disorder sometimes :slight_smile:

@Ueme
My old therapist said this: “Do not store every emotion in you heart. If you cannot release it with voice, just write it or draw it”. The point is that unreleased “bad” emotions eat you from inside. So maybe, you’re tired of unreleased emotions and that no one that can listen to you? Maybe you’re tired of that every day is the same as the day before?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.