I feel really depressed about my situation

I made a group of new friends the other week and we been hanging out alot and I’m one of two autistic people in the server and the only one who dosent mask and the past couple of days one of the people has been really hurtful with responses to my particular ways I express my self and a couple of my other quirks and insecurities and It feels really hurtful and has brought me to tears quite a lot I have insecurities over my income cuz I’m disabled so I have weird issues and jealousy towards with people who have money and I get told “well I put my body on the line for my income” like yeah I’m aware and I can’t do that so yeah I’m bitter at people who can but I’m not mad at them I’m mad at the society we live in and I just…I like the girls I’ve been hanging out with but when they all fake bully me and then actually say something mean and when I tell them “hey I can’t tell the difference” they just say just know if we are being mean it’s a joke and it’s like how do I tell that all apart tho I’m not Neurotypical

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for posting. That’s really frustrating and difficult, I’m so sorry you’re being treated this way, and you don’t deserve that at all. I want you to know that there are plenty of groups/people who would love to be your friend and wouldn’t tolerate talking to you like that or treating you like that. If I were you, I honestly would look for different people/groups to hang with. I’ve had a lot of experience dealing with “friends” who would bully me, make fun of me for my stutter that I have, would be harsh with me, etc. and it took a really long time for me to realize that good, caring friends aren’t supposed to make you feel bad about yourself or make you feel like there’s something wrong with you. If I were you, I’d try having a talk with them and be truthful about how you feel, and if they continue to treat you that way, look for different friends. I’d also love to invite you to check out the HeartSupport discord, there’s a lot of people there who would genuinely love to be your friend! Please don’t let those friends get you down. You are strong, smart, beautiful and deserve respect. You don’t deserve to be surrounded by people who bring you down. You have control over this situation and I believe in you. Please feel free to update or write again, would love to hear from you again

2 Likes

hey there, thanks for sharing what’s been going on for you lately. It’s hard when people tease and taunt about insecurities, but I imagine it’s been harder for you not being able to tell what’s a joke and what’s just being mean. To be honest joking at the expense of others has a fine line, it’s okay if the person is bringing it up and laughing along, but you shouldn’t continuously keep bringing it up and making a point to make them feel silly or belittled.
It’s really frustrating to see that you’ve already told them that you’re having trouble understanding the joke side of it, so it’s not really fair that they shut you down and continue to joke about you. That verges more towards real bullying than fake bullying. They try to mask it as a joke and having a laugh, but if it’s hurting someone else, how is that funny?
I don’t know if these friends understand what you’re experiences are as someone who is in the spectrum, if they have even asked or are curious to try to understand. I hope though that they would be willing to listen if you shared information with them.
If they are bringing up your insecurities and continually putting you down, then I do hope you feel comfortable standing up to them and telling them it’s not okay.

luckily not everyone out in the world is like that. There are kind people who will embrace you for you.

1 Like

That is a really uncomfortable situation you are in, finding a group of friends and then noticing that they make fun of you and are being mean to you. I am sorry this is happening to you and thank you for opening up.
In my opinion this behaviour of your friends is not okay and you don’t need not tolerate being treated like that, you deserve better. It is not okay to bully and be mean, and then claim it was just a joke. Even if that was the case, jokes can also hurt, a lot, especially if you have difficulties recognising them. I am not sure if you can talk to them again and explain and make them understand. But on the other hand, people who treat you like that don’t sound like friends to me.
There are plenty of people in this world who would accept you for who you are. And I hope you can find somebody you can be yourself with and who treats you well. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.