I feel severely depressed

Lately I’ve been struggling with my depressions way more. Each day that passes feels more and more like a struggle and I honestly don’t know how to cope with it. How to fix how I feel. It’s effecting my job and my relationships. I know I have to be strong because of my son who depends on me. His father i not in the picture which is part of the root of my depressions. I feel so alone and lost and so hopeless even though I know I need to snap out of it. I’m fully aware of how I feel but feel powerless to my own demons. I want to give up and break down but know I can’t. I will sit in the bathroom while
My son is asleep in his crib and cry so he won’t see me because I feel so weak and I don’t want him to see me like that. I feel like I’m a failure at everything I do. Especially at work and as a parent. And since my son is with my on for the next few days I really feel alone more so because I am by myself when I go to sleep and for the last 3 years someone has always been there whether it was with my sons father even though he abused me or with my son because I couldn’t handle being alone and now that I am alone, everything feels like it’s crashing down on me. I don’t know what else to do or how else to feel because I am having trouble pulling myself out of this hole. I feel like I keep digging myself deeper and deeper

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m so sorry. You are so strong for sharing this, and thank you for coming here to open up about it.
It sounds like such a rough and frustrating situation, and I’m not a mother so I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but just know you’re not alone.
You are such a strong person. Your son must be so proud to have you as a mom! It’s okay to feel sad, just don’t let it be all you think about, you know?
Think about your son and all the things you want him to learn. You want him to learn to be a gentleman, a kind soul, and have a good life, right? Then make that your goal: )
Teach him to be a better person that his father was, show him how much he’s capable of and what he can do for the world! I don’t know if this will help, but it’s worth a shot : )
You are not a failure. You are trying your best, and that’s all you can do.
I am so proud of you for getting out of the situation with that guy. You deserve so much better. Don’t let the absence of your son’s father get in the way of raising your son. You are capable of such amazing things and shouldn’t give up.
It’s normal to have off days. Just know we’re here for you, and you’re doing great.
Keep Fighting

Hi friend.
the best i can tell you is reach out, seek out some good counseling/therapy. It will help!
God’s got you, He can and will help you if you let Him. When i felt like i hit rock bottom, He helped me up. He helped me see the beauty and the masterpiece He can create from my brokenness. And He can do the same for you friend. He loves you and is right there with you and your son.
You seem like a strong woman and i admire that!
It’s okay to not be okay, but keep going! Each step you take, makes you stronger, it’s a time to celebrate a lil victory because you keep pushing on! One day you’ll look back and be so glad that you didn’t give up. Let each moment, each day be wrapped in Grace. Stay strong and keep rocking. Honestly, you seem like you rock! :metal:Praying for you friend <3

Hello friend, thanks for reaching out.

Feeling completely powerless is absolutely normal. I know you feel exhausted and tried to your limits, but you’re doing a great job. Your son is proud of you, and probably also sees how much effort you’re putting into this.

If victim of abuse, I honestly suggest talking to a friend and eventually seeking professional help. I would like to say you could do this on your own, but having to care about lots of stuff as a mother is no easy task (which I completely understand). This is not to make you feel weaker, it’s just that it’s a lot harder when you’re this alone.

Love you

Pioggia :sunflower:

I’ve been there in that void of loneliness that feels like you’re suffocating in it. You so desperately want to feel someone hug you and hear them say, “It’s okay.”
It is hard when you never feel that warmth or hear that voice. That assurance. You look around and even when people are there that you feel the loneliness seem to swallow you. Worse is when you’re struggling feeling the stress pressuring you and it magnifies that feeling.
It is very terrifying especially as an adult.
You have the strength within you. I know this because you last this long. I know this because I’ve found it myself. You think you hit rock bottom or are about to. You are stuck in a bottomless pit. Good news, there is no bottom to the pit. So there is always a new “rock bottom” and even better news. A pit has walls. It will be a struggle, but it isn’t hopeless. You can climb those walls out of that abyss.
I have. Am I saying you can’t fall into that pit again or that you’ll be safe during that climb? No. I’ve been mortally wounded several times. I do say you’ll find your strength and a new skill set in survival. You’ll become tougher even if you feel still helpless.
You have power. I’m cheering for you.