I Had To Change My Number For Security Reasons

I never change my number for anything I had my number for 3 plus years but a few days ago, someone sent me a very disturbing picture and tried to extort money from me saying if I didn’t give them $700 something bad would happened to me I got so scared that I panicked and I called the phone company to change my number and I changed my new on all my social media accounts and bank and utility accounts.

It was very scary never in my life was I extorted in that way and it made feel scared, I couldn’t sleep for a few days and I didn’t want to worry my mother of my friends I didn’t tell the reason why I changed my number but still I hope nobody goes through being extorted like that. I have been praying a lot and I have been able to heal from the ordeal. The books HeartSupport sent me helped a lot to deal and cope with my anxiety and stress.

Man, what a scary situation…to feel haunted by that…it sounds like you were able to take precautionary measures in order to prevent it from happening again which is good, and more importantly, it sounds like you took time to deal with the underlying emotional stress, which is awesome. Glad you were able to recover from that.

1 Like

That sounds terrifying, I am so sorry you went through that. Hopefully changing your number solves the problem - if not you might consider calling the authorities in your area? Sounds like you’ve done what you can, and I’m glad to hear you’re feeling supported through here!

1 Like