I-hate-being-apart-of-this-system-because-i-cant-e

From •~ ꩇׁׅ݊ꪱׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒~•: I hate being apart of this system because I can’t ever get the privacy I need. There’s not a single day that goes by without my headmates fighting with each other or yelling at each other. We’re supposed to try and help each other out but so far we’re just tearing each other into shreds and I just want to be alone in my own brain

3 Likes

Hey friend, thank you so much for opening up about something so personal and intimate. I am not part of a system myself, and can only imagine how overwhelming this must be at times when you only crave for being on your own and at peace. Especially when your headmates are not supporting each other, but instead leading a war with one other. Being in the midst of ongoing tensions really takes a toll, and I’m sorry you’ve been finding yourself dealing with this. If I may ask, have these disputes/tensions always been that way? Were there a time when you felt like your headmates where working together, side by side and in harmony? What are usually the tensions about? – Through all of this, please know that you all matter so very much, even if at times it feels difficult to find some harmony. :heart:

1 Like

I have no idea if this approach would work, yet it is relating something truthful to your headmates. They need to realize that arguing has not been helping anything and is both a time waster and is stressful. Tell them you are willing to listen to them one at a time and anyone who gets rude will be ignored. Also tell them that you expect them to listen to you with the same courtesy and respect.

When activity in the mind is chaotic, it’s easy to overlook that you are the absolute boss and you have the right to manage communications within your mind.

Are you still in therapy?

From •~ ꩇׁׅ݊ꪱׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒~•: No, we arent=============

From •~ ꩇׁׅ݊ꪱׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒~•: I tried talking to them. I tried to communicate but everytime I do I just shoved aside or overtalked

Hey, Miles.

I hear you.

How about you take a walk outside alone. Listen only to the sounds of the birds, the whisper of the wind through the trees and the rustle of your feet on the pavement.

Quiet your internal dialogue and be present to the moment. Present to your heart. Present to nature.

Breathe.

Give it a try.

1 Like